• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

Give her the money and then pretend it never happened if she gets in touch. If it wasn't reported to the Police or her insurance company and there's no CCTV in the area (even if there is, I bet it'll have been overwritten) and she has no witnesses, then what ground does she have to stand on?

A young lass went into the back of my DC5 in 2007, there wasn't much damage, just a couple of marks on the bumper that needed tidying up. She was young and clearly worried about her NCB so I took her number and said I'd send her the quote. I also took her reg etc, and when I got round to getting a quote, she just ignored me and I called my insurance company up and they said as it'd been so long (6 weeks, maybe more) since the incident, there was little they could do. I think incidents have to be reported within a certain time frame for insurance companies to act? Anyway, I think her Dad or someone told her to just ignore me and in the end I gave up as I had no hope. Lesson learned.

Cant see why it wouldn't hold up in court, its a written & signed agreement/document by both parties involved.

Its the same kind of document you would create/produce if you ever sell your car privately (sp?) for cash etc (well its what i do)

Cant see why it wouldn't hold up in court, its a written & signed agreement/document by both parties involved.

Its the same kind of document you would create/produce if you ever sell your car privately (sp?) for cash etc (well its what i do)
To be honest, I always wondered what legal standing these documents have.

Give her the money and then pretend it never happened if she gets in touch. If it wasn't reported to the Police or her insurance company and there's no CCTV in the area (even if there is, I bet it'll have been overwritten) and she has no witnesses, then what ground does she have to stand on?

A young lass went into the back of my DC5 in 2007, there wasn't much damage, just a couple of marks on the bumper that needed tidying up. She was young and clearly worried about her NCB so I took her number and said I'd send her the quote. I also took her reg etc, and when I got round to getting a quote, she just ignored me and I called my insurance company up and they said as it'd been so long (6 weeks, maybe more) since the incident, there was little they could do. I think incidents have to be reported within a certain time frame for insurance companies to act? Anyway, I think her Dad or someone told her to just ignore me and in the end I gave up as I had no hope. Lesson learned.

orly_bush.jpg

I was told this too, that if I just ignore it over a period of time it will become null.

I can't do it though. I should, but I can't.

She's about 55/60 I'd say, clearly devorced and has very little money, lives a in 1 bedroom flat with her cat.

It would do me more damage mentally I think to not pay her and act like a cnut than it would paying her the £300.

Pay her in sexual favours. She is probably gagging for it, and you will get inside anything, so I have heard.

Seriously though, why are you not going through insurance?

Seriously though, why are you not going through insurance?

Well, I've not got protected no claims you see Joe, as I've always said that if I have an accident and it's my fault, fair enough and didn't want to pay the premium for the PNCB.

So if I claim, I will lose 8 years NCB and that will screw me, I'd hate to know what my S2000 would be without those.

When you coming down then mate, I need some corrective work done on a bumper :lol: .

orly_bush.jpg

I was told this too, that if I just ignore it over a period of time it will become null.

I can't do it though. I should, but I can't.

She's about 55/60 I'd say, clearly devorced and has very little money, lives a in 1 bedroom flat with her cat.

It would do me more damage mentally I think to not pay her and act like a cnut than it would paying her the £300.
Oh I'd pay as well, I wouldn't ignore it as like you, I'd feel really bad. I just mean if she decides to pursue this later I think you're covered.

300 is a good price if she needs a new door and a bit of work.
I got a new door on my Mi16 about 15 years ago and that cost me 320.

Write the agreement. Get her to sign it.
Take a picture of her holding the statement and the cash.

To be honest, I always wondered what legal standing these documents have.

It's a receipt for a transaction, surely, so same as any other.

This is even more salient given that the new V5's have a caveat about not being proof of ownership on them (although this has always been the case as far as I was aware)

I'm sorely disappointed though Nick. I did more damage to a sh*tbox Toyota by getting run over and landing on the front...you had a whole car at your disposal :lol:

Well, I've not got protected no claims you see Joe, as I've always said that if I have an accident and it's my fault, fair enough and didn't want to pay the premium for the PNCB.

So if I claim, I will lose 8 years NCB and that will screw me, I'd hate to know what my S2000 would be without those.

When you coming down then mate, I need some corrective work done on a bumper :lol: .

Have you tried a quote without the NCB ?

Whenever you want me baby <3

I'm sorely disappointed though Nick. I did more damage to a sh*tbox Toyota by getting run over and landing on the front...you had a whole car at your disposal :lol:

I know, it was pitiful damage really :lol: .

I have some pics somewhere...

Thats's a bugger mate :(. Just give her the money, it's seems that you are both happy with this outcome, do the written statement thing as you say, at least it's something that might cover your arse if needs be, and just emphasise you know where she lives if there is any funny business :lol:

Back