• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

Don't get another Honda. Spread your wings.

You've identified clearly that you don't need a car atm, so save up instead and get something you really want.

Go without a car for a year and get a 370Z.

Don't get another Honda. Spread your wings.

You've identified clearly that you don't need a car atm, so save up instead and get something you really want.

Go without a car for a year and get a 370Z.

I'll not say for once, but certainly for the first time for a long time I 100% agree with what Tony has said here.

:lol:

Only kidding big T, love you really. :smt054

Congrats on the sale.

I think perhaps the best thing to do is take a week or two before deciding what it is you want (if you haven't already bought Dotty's :lol: ). Simply because you've mentioned a couple of different cars in the few hours since the S2000 sold. But if you do get a DC5, go for a Js BGW just like Blueguy's

I was drunk last night and chatting crap.

Plan is, not buy anything until next year, save, then get what I've wanted since the first time I saw it at Le Man's in 2009.

nismo370zreview001.jpg

a train drive at my station mate has one of those.

GT edition in white with anthracite wheels. Just put a new exhaust on it, looks the dogs danglies. not heard it yet though.

Monk - Yes mate spare cash FTW. Get paid, pay rent done. The rest is mine. I'm going to enjot that for a bit before I commit to a new car I think. I'll do a grand at Winsor though probably :lol: .

Gram-bish - I bet it sounds just as good as it looks :) .

Good plan Nick. It's great having the extra disposable income from not having a car, especially as you don't strictly need one.

Good plan Nick. It's great having the extra disposable income from not having a car, especially as you don't strictly need one.

Well to be fair, the car wasn't really an outgoing every month anyway, but I did buy a iMac the other month and I put that on my Credit Card, with the money from selling the S2000 I've paid that off striaght away, so I'm no better off each month, not enough that it makes any sort of a difference to my living anyway, but it feels good.

The fact is that, if I stick to my plan, I will probably get a loan for a car next year, spend a bit of money on one, then I will have a monthly outgoing again, so now while I havn't I'll try and save a bit and just lark around I think.

I'm pretty crap at saving though to be honest, if it's there, I'll spent it.

I don't have kids, or a wife so I don't really have to answer to anyone but myself, I think it's only right that if I work as hard as I do, I can get what I want and what I can afford.

We will see, I'm just going to play it easy for a while, but so far I'd like to car early 2013. A nice car :) .

I'm pretty crap at saving though to be honest, if it's there, I'll spent it.

I don't have kids, or a wife so I don't really have to answer to anyone but myself, I think it's only right that if I work as hard as I do, I can get what I want and what I can afford.

Yeah same, I've started saving not by necessarily cutting back on things, but by putting all my expenditure/card swipes/cash withdrawals into a .xls and seeing where I'm spunking my cash. Saving plenty now without any real impact on how I live. Worth trying.

That Z looks mint, I like. For the few times you find yourself needing a car in the meantime it's easily solved, either hire one or blag one from friend/family.

I've got to go up north next weekend, but the E-class is elsewhere. I've worked out I can hire a decent sized car for the entire BH weekend, and fuel it for less than it would cost in just fuel to get the SL up and back. :eek:

This is what I did once I sold the Evo NS. Rolled in the BMW for a yearish saving dollars, got bored in the end though. Slightly different situation for you though as you don't even need a motor. :lol:

Back