• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Super Charger Comparison

Guys,

Whats the price of the JRSC minus KPro & K100 (I already have KPro)?

I missed out on one by minutes a couple of weeks ago and I was gutted. I'm now thinking about going the whole hog and getting the IPS S/C cams at the same time.

I've never been out in a S/C and would be interested to see / feel the difference, will anyone take me out in their S/C car at JAE? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaase :)

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
Guys,
I've never been out in a S/C and would be interested to see / feel the difference, will anyone take me out in their S/C car at JAE? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaase :)

- Kevin.

Sure no problem!

Happy to take you for a spin, but get me before I stuck any stella down my neck :)

Its worth it m8 thats a deffinate :)

Bump for a great thread. Interesting read. 8) Anyone know whether running a JRSC with a Mugen Induction kit and twinloop is restrictive? :?:

adelphi said:
Bump for a great thread. Interesting read. 8) Anyone know whether running a JRSC with a Mugen Induction kit and twinloop is restrictive? :?:

Yeah it will be, the Diameter of the twin loop isn't huge and there are better induction kits around so it will limit the power you'll make.

HASNIC said:
adelphi said:

Yeah it will be, the Diameter of the twin loop isn't huge and there are better induction kits around so it will limit the power you'll make.

Bum. :( Thanks mate. How have you been? 8)

adelphi said:

Bin the Mugen for an AEM intake and keep the rest. :wink:

tp said:
adelphi said:

Never!! :lol: I aint cutting up my car for a piece of ice cream cone!! :p

adelphi said:
tp said:
adelphi said:

Never!! :lol: I aint cutting up my car for a piece of ice cream cone!! :p

Seano on CTRO has the ROTREX system and he had to change the Mugen box as it was restrictive and went to the AEM CAI, and then had to change that because it was also restictive. :lol:

Tis true, but the Mugen was dumped because of the snorkel getting in the way of the ROTREX charger throttle linkage. Then the AEM was dumped for a custom one to get it from 265 to 300BHP. Then when we changed the standard back box to an N1 it jumped upto 320. A bit of re-tuning and it went upto 332 :lol:

Seano

Havin read all the feedback on JRSC, still need to know something for some of us that are strugglin with the pennies!!! :oops:

Obvously £3k is a BIG amount of dosh!

So how good will the CTR be with just JRSC and K Pro alone????

with the CTR Keeping standard manifold and exhaust system, standard suspension and without an LSD???

I will be selling my JRSC very soon. It is coming off next week. It will be having a once over. I will be selling it without K-Pro. But with 650 CC injectors. Undecided on price. But will be around £1200. It has done 34k give or take.

It will be going in classiffieds once he is off. Will be sad to see it go. As it has been great fun. Though I am now driving a lot more miles and am looking to get a second car to commute to work. Then I can get something unusual or silly or both for the weekend.

Sorry to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but after over 4 years of EP3 ownership and wanting a Jackson super charger since they first appered, I have now changed my mind and the cars going in on 8th Jan, for a CPL Turbo kit, and boy i cant wait.
By the way does anyone know how many cars have been converted with this kit ?.

So will you be selling the civic G or are you removing the charger for something else to take its place?

I will sell the civic next year (it has just done 80k)...probably...maybe. Though I change my mind as I still enjoy the car and I really cannot think of many cars that give so much fun bang for buck. But I do have a hankering for a hachi :D. I think with all the speed restrictions and whatnot, I think something that is pure fun, and that will not have you in 3 figures and waaay past legal speed limits in 10 seconds may be more prudent.

As it is, after my recent engine issues (teach me to drive through a lake with an AEM :shock: ), I do not get to use the charger as i'd like sitting on the m4 everyday. :( So It will be back to stock n/a. though I will map the k-pro to my system. AEM for the moment and BC Spec IV. I may also sell the header. though undecided on that. But it may go towards funding a J's LSD.

Mind you as I have just turned 40, maybe I should look at getting a Harley :D

G, buy yourself a Spec C. You know it makes sense :wink: :p :lol:

cressie said:
Sorry to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but after over 4 years of EP3 ownership and wanting a Jackson super charger since they first appered, I have now changed my mind and the cars going in on 8th Jan, for a CPL Turbo kit, and boy i cant wait.
By the way does anyone know how many cars have been converted with this kit ?.

Not as many as the supercharger thats for sure. Is it costing you more than the charger??

Back