• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SuperSprint Unsilenced b pipe (EP3) Cheapest seller?

As title suggests.

Been looking around a lot but they seem quite hard to get hold of below 200 + postage

Anyone know somewhere that can better this..?

Ideally I'd like one second hand but they don't seem to change hands too much so may just splash out. Plus, it'll be all nice n shiney ;)

Berry

Shhh - I am trying to justify to myself buying new! ;)

But yes, you of course have a point, I couldn't give a toss what it looks like to be honest, it's all for the noise!

Ok I have managed to find the b pipe at Regals for 195 inc postage!

I have however hit a dilemma.

I have decided that whatever happens, I want to keep the OEM looking twin tailpipes.
So, i have narrowed it down to the only 3 options to my knowledge which cater for that.

1-Unsilenced Supersprint b pipe with OEM box. (cheapest option by far, even though I need a new OEM box too as mine is rusty!)
2-Supersprint box with OEM b pipe.
3-Fujitsubo Legalis R box with OEM b pipe. (Most expensive by far!)

My concern with both the backboxes is that they are just too quiet and, although they may give gains, I worry that I just wouldn't hear them?
But, I am now concerned that the SS b pipe will just be too loud!

It's so hard to tell on Youtube, with different cameras and echos off walls etc it's hard to get a true reading of how loud they actually are.

Anyway, has anyone got any real-life-advice for me on these 3 options, how are they for droning on motorways? Noise at tickover, and acceleration? Just generally how 'livable' are they?
I want noise, but I don't want to be branded 'that d!ck at the end of the road with the loud boy racer car'..!

Any feedback and opinions would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Berry

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have managed to find the b pipe at Regals for 195 inc postage!

I have however hit a dilemma.

I have decided that whatever happens, I want to keep the OEM looking twin tailpipes.
So, i have narrowed it down to the only 3 options to my knowledge which cater for that.

1-Unsilenced Supersprint b pipe with OEM box. (cheapest option by far, even though I need a new OEM box too as mine is rusty!)
2-Supersprint box with OEM b pipe.
3-Fujitsubo Legalis R box with OEM b pipe. (Most expensive by far!)

My concern with both the backboxes is that they are just too quiet and, although they may give gains, I worry that I just wouldn't hear them?
But, I am now concerned that the SS b pipe will just be too loud!

It's so hard to tell on Youtube, with different cameras and echos off walls etc it's hard to get a true reading of how loud they actually are.

Anyway, has anyone got any real-life-advice for me on these 3 options, how are they for droning on motorways? Noise at tickover, and acceleration? Just generally how 'livable' are they?
I want noise, but I don't want to be branded 'that d!ck at the end of the road with the loud boy racer car'..!

Any feedback and opinions would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Berry

Hi Berry,
I have had a simlar problem and am in the same predicament. Where did you find the supersprint b pipe at that price? Motorsportworld was the best I could find.

After alot of research I decided the OEM back box with the supersprint b-pipe was the better option. Reason why is because I wanted an exhaust note that was raw and louder than normal without the drone and chavy sterio type image that can come with modded EP3's. I really like the look of the OEM box and find anything else abit chavalar.

to me this seemed the right setup....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOvqW_zN10

Not to loud, no drone yet a high pitched tone when on full throttel. Jusr right IMO:cool:

Ordered today from Regals.

Unfortunately It'll be 3 weeks until delivery. But I guess I'm in no particular rush.
Will let you know how I get on with it/post videos!

milano. you need to speak to suits he is the master of b pipes and noises.

Oh really? I've seen him around on here. I'm assuming by that reputation that he has been through a few different exhaust combos?
Shame I've already ordered it!
Hoping it will be what I'm after..

Chris

Hmm, this may be something to look into actually...That is quite significantly cheaper!
The Super Sprint is being shipped from Italy and will take another couple of weeks, so I could always cancel...

Very tempted, surely it's just a pipe, at the end of the day?

I fear you may not get your b-pipe from Regals. Hopefully it's ok though.

The importer Euro Car Parts has recently called it a day with importing Supersprint into the UK. They were the sole UK importer and sold through dealers such as Regals.

I used to be the importer several years ago when I worked at Grand Prix Racewear (GPR).

I now work for Revo Technik and I am the Supersprint UK importer once again but only for the VAG and Porsche applications. Another company has claimed BMW and another is importing the french car items. I don't think Supersprint have appointed anyone for the other makes of vehicle. So it might be possible for me to offer some good prices on these once again.

I'll find out more tomorrow.

Thanks for the info Smeg.

Will keep that in mind. Although to be honest I really am tempted by the Scorpion alternative now anyway.
It can't be that different can it..?

Hi Milanoberry i was considering getting a supersprint and seached the net and found this. much cheaper and probs do the same job. Wonder if they are the same diameter? and fit straight onto standard back box?

Hi Milanoberry i was considering getting a supersprint and seached the net and found this. much cheaper and probs do the same job. Wonder if they are the same diameter? and fit straight onto standard back box?

Well judging by the eBay description it should fit straight on.

Found this on the Tube;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOhtW5wl4Vw

Not the best vid though. For some reason he backs off as passing the camera, and he has a Magnex on which will be louder, in theory, than the OEM BB.

I have a supersprint B-pipe and OEM backbox (and AEM CAI), it is MUCH louder on full chat. I previously had the hondata mod airbox and it went crazy loud with the B-pipe on lift off for some reason, but after changing to the AEM it solved that. It drones a little too much for my liking over 80mph but is perfectly livable for a daily driver as long as you arnt sitting on the motorway for any great length of time... in which case, why did you buy a type R anyway lol

You can barely tell it isn't standard cruising at 70.

Back