• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tanabe underbrace - saved my life

startrack

Formerly type_r_lover
Ok, maybe the "saved my life" is pushing it a bit, and make the thread title sound like a topic on Trisha...

Nevertheless, few weeks back (after the Castle Combe track day), I was driving in the great small twisties around Bristol.
No problem till then... but I got to a small section which was under water. I drove through at 20mph, and I'm so happy I did. There was a massive pothole, I got the front driver wheel in it.

Now have a look at the pics, and imagine what would have happen if I wouldnt have the underbrace ...

Thanks Mr Tanabe. :smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
damned!

How about sending piccys to the local council for compensation?

Second question if I may. Have you found any difference in handling once the brace was on?

I didnt think about the compensation side of things... I wouldnt be able to pinpoint the exact place anyway, so I guess I'll keep that in mind for next time.

The front feels tighter with the underbrace on. I found that I got more feedback, as the car feels more solid. Sorry it's kinda awkward to explain.,

Don't apologise TRL. I could say the same after fitting the Carbing rear tie bar then the JDM rear-ARB. "It's more stiff but more skittish" was how I could explain it.

Thanks for letting me know how it generally feels. Something to consider later. :D

So is this under brace any good, im on the verge of ordering one from Bazza but not sure if to or not, ive got JDM rear ARB, dc sports rear tie bar and carbing front upper, will something like this make a difference, will be looking to track my car very soon and should be 240bhp, will find out when on rollers :lol:

So is this under brace any good, im on the verge of ordering one from Bazza but not sure if to or not, ive got JDM rear ARB, dc sports rear tie bar and carbing front upper, will something like this make a difference, will be looking to track my car very soon and should be 240bhp, will find out when on rollers :lol:

There is a chap on the DC5 forum selling the Carbing 6 point underbody brace for £180, new and unused, ordered from Bazza ;)

Back