• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

the tegiwa copy MIGHT not be as good in terms of performance, but don't knock it until it has been on the dyno, i would laugh IF it were like 1-2 bhp off the GM and if it were given the price! tegiwa would be selling them like hot cake's!

its like the j's racing intake got slated and what not even though nobody seems to have compared it to the GM on the dyno because everybody on here only knows GM GM GM! (even if it is that good)

I have the AEM CAI but would love a GM which is only a couple bhp short of the GM but i paid a third of the price compared to the GM but then everybody will then switch to the talk of hydrolock!

agreed i will try the tegiwa and if it turns out to be rubbish i will get the GM but it really should not be any diffrence at all.

*rant*

I for one, even made this clear on ctro when i was there, would love to see a direct competitor to the GM. i will not accept that a company cannot make a CAI system that can match it. But i cannot stand people saying "i cant justify the price".."there really shouldnt be any difference".."my K&N typhoon made 260bhp with just a scorpion backbox". Until this replica (and i actually hope it works, or is a good alternative) is dyno proven to be as competitive as the GM (which pwnts all other cai's) STFU and GTFO trying to justify being cheap and not paying the notes the GM commands.

its like the j's racing intake got slated and what not even though nobody seems to have compared it to the GM on the dyno because everybody on here only knows GM GM GM! (even if it is that good)

I would beg to differ. Their was a lot of hype with the J's system and IMO it's a realistic option to the Gruppe M. Also looks fantastic in the engine bay.

The real Gruppe M is made in Japan only and costs 192,000 yen

Ummm so the Gruppe M isnt in fact manufacturered in China, no of course it isnt. And when it was £300 odd quid as suggested that was 129000 yen as it was heavily discounted. So does this not suggest that for 192000 yen they are in fact making a massive profit on each unit, at least 63000 yen as they wouldn't sell it at a loss. I agree that the R&D and the quality of the carbon was very good as i had one on my previous EP3 but the fit was always questionable never being perfect.

Dont get me wrong out of the 2 if the price was the same then i would have the Gruppe M regardless of the same gain or not from tegiwa's kit as i agree the badge adds to its appeal. Personally this time i am being draw to the ARC box over both.

according to the lads on CTRO site who have had them fitted, they are saying very good things about these kits, Tegiwa sound like they are having to work hard to meet demand

if the tegiwa does out gain the gm i would be a little annoyed.

And i do feel scammed for the amount of money i paid for an induction kit, but i know i wont make to much loss if i want to sell it. Thats the only reason i was willing to pay out so much.

And i do feel scammed for the amount of money i paid for an induction kit, but i know i wont make to much loss if i want to sell it. Thats the only reason i was willing to pay out so much.

Take comfort in the fact that you bought the genuine article, not some rip off fake copy.

If it does what its suppose to do then id buy one. £500 for a couple of bhp doesnt really compute anyway. If you can get similar performance for less money then a name is meaningless, id rather spend the change bettering another part of the car. Though as has been pointed out unfortunately a lot of these copies turn out to be crap.

Unless both kits are tested on the same car in the same conditions, the results won't matter! At the end of the day, it comes down to whether the owner is happy with what they have bought. I'm very happy with my original one as I got mine for a very good price (before the prices shot up). When I get bored with it, i'll just sell it for the same price as a new Tegiwa copy and buy an ARC induction kit. :smt023

Unless both kits are tested on the same car in the same conditions, the results won't matter! At the end of the day, it comes down to whether the owner is happy with what they have bought. I'm very happy with my original one as I got mine for a very good price (before the prices shot up). When I get bored with it, i'll just sell it for the same price as a new Tegiwa copy and buy an ARC induction kit. :smt023

qft

Back