• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

its quite a lol reading people saying "out performs" etc.. do you really feel you will be able to compute a max of 2-3 bhp anyway? (thats incl the GM)

im going to get one... then make copies with improoved air flow, and scuttle pannel.

Just out of interest if I could produce a good fitting, good looking, dyno prooven to match the gruppe m how mant people would buy for, say £250-300??

im going to get one... then make copies with improoved air flow, and scuttle pannel.

Just out of interest if I could produce a good fitting, good looking, dyno prooven to match the gruppe m how mant people would buy for, say £250-300??

go for it mate. if it was me i would undercut the the teigwa quite a large margin so that it stands out but isnt considered to cheap and nasty. £220-£250 is ideal. hopefully that will leave you scope for a great profit.

Gruppe M is hardly cutting edge design/quality. It's just an airbox which takes the air from the top of the bonnet rather than the bottom and it's also only expensive these days due to the exchange rate. Not surprising that there is a copy with same results.

its quite a lol reading people saying "out performs" etc.. do you really feel you will be able to compute a max of 2-3 bhp anyway? (thats incl the GM)

Would it be the same argument though, if someone bought something else that was 2-3bhp behind the GM's performance? :) and said: "Well do you really feel you'd be able to compute 2-3bhp anyway?"

The main elements here, IMO, are: The GM's cult status, thanks to it's performance, and nothing being able to trump it. Oh and the fact that the next best competitior - would be challenging in the form of a replica.

For the record; I intend to buy the GM.. one day :)

I personally can't see the Tegiwa Intake failing/falling apart/falling short of the M's Intake - it's a 'carbon' copy, in the most literal of terms :)

But I'd take comfort from the fact that I'm running the real deal (one day) - even if it is more expensive, and does the exact same job. It's the same reason I bought the Works wheels rather than 'replicas'; if I'm going to do something, I'd prefer to do it properly; even if it doesn't make ££££ sense. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be the same argument though, if someone bought something else that was 2-3bhp behind the GM's performance? :) and said: "Well do you really feel you'd be able to compute 2-3bhp anyway?"

The main elements here, IMO, are: The GM's cult status, thanks to it's performance, and nothing being able to trump it. Oh and the fact that the next best competitior - would be challenging in the form of a replica.

For the record; I intend to buy the GM.. one day :)

I personally can't see the Tegiwa Intake failing/falling apart/falling short of the M's Intake - it's a 'carbon' copy, in the most literal of terms :)

But I'd take comfort from the fact that I'm running the real deal (one day) - even if it is more expensive, and does the exact same job. It's the same reason I bought the Works wheels rather than 'replicas'; if I'm going to do something, I'd prefer to do it properly; even if it doesn't make ££££ sense. :)

Agreed, i decided to 'settle' for an AEM CAI even though i really wanted the Gruppe M. At the time i didn't have the cash for a brand new one and no used ones around. Ended up taking the AEM off after a few months and getting a Gruppe M second hand even though this replica was around.

Its either something you want bad enough to pay for or don't bother, if you get a replica you will always know its not really the real thing & who is going to buy one of them 2nd hand? At least with the Gruppe M they hold some value.

Ask yourself this, would you want your girlfriend to have a replica f*nny?

no one will know its a replica when its on your car. I really can't understand what the problem is. Its thesame but not got gruppe m on it.

Agreed, i decided to 'settle' for an AEM CAI even though i really wanted the Gruppe M. At the time i didn't have the cash for a brand new one and no used ones around. Ended up taking the AEM off after a few months and getting a Gruppe M second hand even though this replica was around.

Its either something you want bad enough to pay for or don't bother, if you get a replica you will always know its not really the real thing & who is going to buy one of them 2nd hand? At least with the Gruppe M they hold some value.

Ask yourself this, would you want your girlfriend to have a replica f*nny?

No but a replica Eva Longoria face, and figure might be acceptable ..

The earlier GM's (bought new, pre-recession) are going for more than the original price owners bought them at - someone likened them to shares in an Arab Oil Company; the value only ever sticks or increases on the GM.

Last edited by a moderator:

thats what i am saying. its just an induction kit. if your talking GM vs Typhoon YO then yes you can compute it. If your talking GM vs Aem/other on a car with just cai - then your first drawn to the sound the GM makes on a std ecu - is this more powerful or just plain louder. the latter i think.
if your talking GM vs AEM/other on a modified example with kpro, mani, exhaust then you cannot tell the difference at all.

Lol that was just the only thing i could think of at the time!! What i mean is basically anything replica is generally something i wouldn't want to buy, why when you can just have the real thing? Its like buying visual stuff for the car e.g JDM deflectors and Heko deflectors.. Anybody who can't tell the difference doesn't care and anybody who can just looks at it and thinks 'its a replica' or in that case looks rubbish.

the quality of the GM is outstanding be patient save another hundred quid and whilst your waiting do the mod to your existing box to tide you over. £300 for replica and no reputation or proven gains OR £400 - £450 for GM which has the proven gains, excellent reputation, looks fantastic and had very good build quality. Jesus !!!!!

Back