• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa imports carbon fibre airbox

not sure if its really the right place but reading a page back about the ram air affect and the scoop...Well im convinced it must work because on a warm day my car is noticeably slower and quieter, presumably because of all the hot air its sucking in!

If it is +15% Suits calc is wrong :(

I'm not convinced it is a straight percentage either, I would guess it is relative tot he amount of powere in the first place.

If it is +15% Suits calc is wrong :(

I'm not convinced it is a straight percentage either, I would guess it is relative tot he amount of powere in the first place.

It all depends on how much is lost through the transmission. This is different for every single car, no two are the same.

If you do 197bhp - 15% = 167.45
But if you do 168bhp +15% = 193.20

So it's hard to say. I didn't expect my cat back to add any power at all though and the car is almost 8 years old so if it is keeping standard power then I'm happy with that.

So 'ang on.. If I was making 175 ATW's - I'm making about stockish/just over stock power too then... So that's not as disheartening. I keep banging on about it; but mine does need a service - Sept was when it was reg'd, and that's when the service intervals have been followed, because it's well before the mileage intervals - having covered 26k.

Cool.

TR - Yeah, 175bhp ATW on stock is a very good figure.

I thought yours was at the fly was it not???

If the 15% rule is true, which I doubt, then as you're losing power through transmission, you would need to take the top figure.

Ie, 168bhp, reversing the 15% to 168x 100/85 = 197.65

:lol:

Makes no difference in the case, but I agree, nice figures dingdangdoo.

I wouldnt get too hung up on the actual firgure from a dyno, they are only really good for back to back comparisons to see improvments.

I'll check the Dyno-print out; I'm certain Ro said it was 174.9 (best run) ATW.

I might have this confused - but don't Dyno's run ATW figures? I just thought that, that is where the power is being recorded from, and not at the fly - ignore if that's a complete fabrication I have conjoured in my mind LOL. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same run, one at the wheels one at the fly.

I used this to calculate Danga's figues, no percentage or anything.

I had a Premier EP3 though, with newer transmission and lighter flywheel than Danga.

Run on the Dyno at Eurospec's dyno.

Green figure is the OEM map, RED is the K100 mapped by Romain.

CTRatthewheels.jpg

CTRattheflywheel.jpg

Back