• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tein S-Tech springs

I ordered some eibachs through funkypower but they cant get hold of these till the end of september and i need them sharpish so i can get them fitted with the FRSU then came across the teins on jdm performance for £165. So anyone think i should get these or just buy eibach from elsewhere

thats where i was going to get them now that funkypower cant. Only ordered them from there as i bought a few other goodies :)

I got the abp ones. Quick delivery. Decent ride hide and a good ride. Not stupidly hard but enough to notice you have them fitted.

think i might pop down there tomorrow, was gonna get them delivered but its a good excuse to go for a nice drive :)

I've got the teins and quite like them although you get a knock over big bumps as they do not have any sleeves over them.

yeah ive read about these knocking since i posted this, gonna go for the abp springs to use with my OEM shocks seen as though several companies cant get hold of the pro kit till the end of september

I'd bought mine and then heard about the slight knocking and it is only slight. Car sits very nicely on them and handles well with the FRSU and other bits i have. Got them cheap in James's container & Elite Tyres wanted about 70 quid more than what i paid for them.

doc is on the money. i had teins on my civic. nice, if not slightly harder ride than the eibachs and also a very slight knocking too.

I had these on my civic and they were fine, although I had them fitted to my evo for a bit too and it was crashy as fcuk.

Hay C4Doc,
I was thinking of getting these springs for my ep3, i want to lower it about 35mm. Just one question, did you change the camber bolts / arms as well as the springs. A friend told me that i should..

Hay C4Doc,
I was thinking of getting these springs for my ep3, i want to lower it about 35mm. Just one question, did you change the camber bolts / arms as well as the springs. A friend told me that i should..

The Tein's lower 20mm & 25mm not 35mm. I already had the camber arms & bolts but would suggest your get it all done along with a FRSU at the same time.

You'll need the alignment & tracking done if you lower it and done again if you get the arms & bolts so if you can do it all in one go then it'll be the best way when looking at expenditure.

Very helpfull sir, thank you. I will start looking at all that very soon, how low did you drop?

I got these, and like these.

They're not low enough at the back for me though or at the front for that matter either.

I'll be getting the ABP 35mm's next, one day, as I'm not shelling out for Coilies.

I got these, and like these.

They're not low enough at the back for me though or at the front for that matter either.

I'll be getting the ABP 35mm's next, one day, as I'm not shelling out for Coilies.

I'd like the rear down slightly more but as i've got the mugen front its quite low.

C4Doc - very nice, i like the look of that, you must be very happy with her. I think i might drop 30/35 mm though. How did you do your seats?

TypeRiter - Tell me about it, coilover are good but so expensive, thats why im just getting springs. Im getting my standard wheels sprayed white next week (i've got a sNHB ctr) how are you finding your, plenty of cleaning i should think, lol..

C4Doc - very nice, i like the look of that, you must be very happy with her. I think i might drop 30/35 mm though. How did you do your seats?

They were like that when i bought the car. Never looked for a receipt.

My car's not been washed in like 2-months.

It's got mad birdshít all over it, and my white Work Wheels are black on the front. Literally.

NHB looks the best clean though. Standard.

Yeah I only really want the stance; I'm not after the full blown track rigidity. Then again - I know what I'm like though I'd probably like to go -50mm one day LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back