• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thanks!

A lot of other forums have this feature where there is a button for you to thank particular members for helping you out or for their contribution to the forum/thread. I think this is a great idea and encourages members to be more helpful to each other and creates a more useful forum.

There are a lot of people on this forum who are genuinely very helpful to all members and deserve to be recognised for their contribution.

The post count doesn't necessary reveal how helpful you have been to other members/forum or if your contribution has been useful.

I think this would be a good feature to have on TRO and would help establish TRO as THE helpful and friendly type-r forum. :cool:

I was going to suggest this myself the other day. I think AV forums have this and Tech Support guy also.

It's something I've been meaning to implement since we upgraded the forums to VB, so not that long really :oops:

Is their a way of limiting how much thanks a user can giver per day/week? meaning that it becomes more meaningful rather than a free for all? or how much can be given to a user from another user?

i think something like this addon for vbulletin would work well and be controlled by the mods

[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Post Rating System (plus many sub-features) said:
Every day your users contribute hundreds if not thousands of posts making it hard for new members and guests to separate out the best answers from those that are less helpful. The Helpful Answers System offers your members a quick way (AJAX) to rate individual posts as either helpful or not allowing future visitors to understand the benefits of each post.

This addon is built to be flexible and offers several customization options including:
  • The ability to show a user's vote stats in posts
  • The ability to use image or text ratings.
  • The ability to offer yes/no or scaled 1-10 point ranking.
  • The ability to turn off negative ratings for a positive only system.
  • The ability to decide which forums are open for helpful answer ratings.
  • The ability to audit the system and identify top users and potential abusers.
  • The ability to ban specific members from using the system.
  • The ability to customize the AJAX message shown after a post is rated.
  • The ability to edit all text and messages through phrases.
  • The ability to show a page with the top helpful posts.
  • The ability to show rating stats on a user's profile.
  • Integration with the reputation system for ratings.
  • Template driven display that can easily be customized to your forum.
For advanced users template conditionals and variables let you further extend the functionality to color highlight good or bad posts, include ratings in user’s profiles and much more.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=204117

Last edited by a moderator:
What has the button got to look like Al? Like this?
edit.gif

I will make it so this evening/tomorrow. I've got a good idea to how I'd like it to look. :cool:

Back