• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thanks!

I have taken in what you said beard, and I've been working on it.

It's only in the 'have it out' thread that I went on like a bitch, but that was the point of the thread. Otherwise I think I have been rather good.

The thing is though, there's appearing to be good on the forum and then there's having it actually affect you even though you're not showing it.

Seriously Holmes don't take anything on the Internet to heart or you'll have a breakdown.

The thing is though, there's appearing to be good on the forum and then there's having it actually affect you even though you're not showing it.

Seriously Holmes don't take anything on the Internet to heart or you'll have a breakdown.

That's the old me, when I was all paranoid android. I'm honestly good now :)

Also, do you mean this Holmes?
Holmes_by_Paget.jpg

or this one?
43670-25740.jpg

what up ese?

I use thanks mainly as a way of saying 'thanks' for the post. It has amused me, whether that is because it's funny, interesting, tits or some witty banter.

I have never and would never use thanks to side with someone's bullying.

I'm a white knight.

Oh, and a thanks but no comment means it wasn't that good.

It's supposed to be a resource tool, so you can collect all the 'Thanked' posts and this would give you a pool of helpful tips and advice be it down to car cleaning, intake tuning anything that would be better separated from the questions and repeat answers you find on all internet boards.

Problem was, that when we updated the vBulletin forum software the facility to search these thanked posts or even view them went AWOL.

Therefore making the 'Thanks' pointless, it was then used as a marker to agree/side with someone on something, or as you say, 'Like' it.

It's harmful enough I suppose and gives some people something to collect like positive feedback or something.

Personally I think it's a waste of time and causes more grief than anything else.

We ran fine before without, don't see why having a meaningless, pointless popularity stat counts for anything really.

IMO.

Mine too. It was nice, initially to be grateful for a substantial post.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but perhaps it could be limited to certain areas of the forum; Mods, odds, and sods for example.

i had a thought about this. thanks button is GOOD.

you remember the old days of a forum, like 2006 or whatever. pre-thanks button lets say somebody made a funny. what then used to follow was that hackneyed and over used three smiley laughing man gif :lol::lol::lol:. scrolling forever until the next genuine post. with a thanks button people are able to put that they enjoyed the comment without spamming that smiley. if there was no thanks button the random thoughts thread would be 96.2% laughing man smiley gif and be over 1,000,000 pages long. is that what you want?

Maybe a thanks button for useful posts (as was initially intended) & a Like button for lols etc

i had a thought about this. thanks button is GOOD.

you remember the old days of a forum, like 2006 or whatever. pre-thanks button lets say somebody made a funny. what then used to follow was that hackneyed and over used three smiley laughing man gif :lol::lol::lol:. scrolling forever until the next genuine post. with a thanks button people are able to put that they enjoyed the comment without spamming that smiley. if there was no thanks button the random thoughts thread would be 96.2% laughing man smiley gif and be over 1,000,000 pages long. is that what you want?

I concur with this. Using the current system I can just press 'Thanks' to demonstrate this, without it you'll end up with pages of pointless quoted posts like this one just to add a 'ROFLSHMSFOAIDMT' type comment.

Back