• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 The compliments have started

The compliments have been an almost daily thing since getting mine. Leaving the house to find a guy lying in the road with his DSLR camera to get the perfect shot of the car genuinely wasn’t a surprising thing the other day.

It’s been madness for 5 months and stuff like the above is crazily regular.

My neighbour says people stop and stare at the car.

I’ve had ‘have you seen the wing on that?’

And people covertly taking pics

I used to get filmed on the way to work in the FK2, you get used to it.

When you go through your cctv and see this is when you want to worry, only a workman but goes to show you don't know who's poking around when you're not around

When you go through your cctv and see this is when you want to worry, only a workman but goes to show you don't know who's poking around when you're not around

What CCTV setup are you running? I am looking for a couple of camera's that would back up to my QNAP storage and be available to view over the internet.

Its pretty old now, I think it was from maplins, 2 camera setup with recorder, mobile viewable, around the £100 area back in 2012. Just noticed maplins is closing down and are having a must go sale.

Mine are external cameras but sat inside so quality isn't at it's best, I'm getting rid and going for a white dome camera fixed under the guttering fascia board so it doesn't stand out as much. I've had mine spotted before and you get the jokesters messing about on purpose.

Did you get yours from Bracknell Honda?

I did yes.

Had another one yesterday morning. :)

I work on a secured site and as I arrive at a similar time each morning I normally get the same security guard and he's always quite interested in the car; makes me laugh as he's quite an older gent but is always telling me to to give it some beans into the site (only up to 20mph.. of course) but yesterday I was earlier than normal and had a different guard at the gate.

She happened to mention she liked it. Basically she said 'I like your car, I mean, it's definitely a man's car so I'd never want to drive one but I do really like it'. Made me smile.

Few kids I past on the way home stared pointing and I heard one saying 'hey look at that!' to his friends too.

It's weird, it's a striking car, love it or hate it but even though I've had it since October, it's only been in the last month that people have been commenting on it.

Back