• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Think I need a new clutch

It's quite difficult getting into a new gear when change at high speeds/rpm in the DC5. Assuming this is due to needing a new clutch?

I had the same and any speeds so got TGM to change mine and now feels perfect. Do you find it difficult at low speeds as well?

perfect at low speed, just very high RPM.

It's funny but out of all my cars... Civic, DC2, Evo i've never had to change a clutch ;lol: this is new territory for me!

yar, this is what I was thinking.l Just thought i'd get some opinions. i've only done 200 miles in the teg since i've bought it, havn't had time to drive the bloody thing lol

geezer flogged it cos the clutch was shagged. normal reason for sale. won't cost you more than £300-500 to get back on the roads depending on what labour your mechanic (TGM?) are going to charge.

it drives well, i can still drive it fast, just can't get it into gear as smoothly as one would like when ragging it. Haven't been driving it as i've been ill then on holiday :lol: i'll just dump it at TGM at some point. Will get a FRSU at the same time I reckon FTW

its on 56k, ish at the mo. Think it's less than that though, ned to get *** jap service docs translated.

IIRC its about £450 fitted for a new clutch at Tom's or about £20 less if you go for the Exedy rather than OEM one.
FRSU plus new coilovers standard. Ready for collection April 2013.

Back