• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thinking about getting a CR-V

In all seriousness Loxy, many of us go through this stage of considering a more sensible car, usually when a child is on the way.

If you do make the move though, guaranteed in 3-5 years time you'll be back in a good car again because you've had all you can stand being sensible, and you'll probably miss your last "fun" car really badly.

I did the same and convinced myself I should part with the EP3 when we had Molly. Felt like the proper thing to do at the time.

Now she's 5, I'm finally back in something I want.

It was a long 5 years.

Don't do it.

This has probably hit the nail on the head to be honest.

I suppose I'll just have to remain strong and swap Jayne's car instead...

Best estimate for the FN2 p/x is £9,500. Madness.

I'll give it until summer and see how I feel about it then. :oops:

I did the same and convinced myself I should part with the EP3 when we had Molly. Felt like the proper thing to do at the time.

Now she's 5, I'm finally back in something I want.

It was a long 5 years.

Don't do it.
I went the other way - I bought a Type-R after our baby was born - the Accord is a great family car - big boot, 4 doors and the Mrs can drive it - winner :)

My Mum has a CR-V - its a lovely car but not a drivers car in any sense of the word.

They are good cars but if you want a 4x4 then get a proper one crv is nothing but a tall civic lol

I sold my DC5 when we got our dog. No idea why... Thought I needed an estate to cart him about in. I live in A small town in Devon and I'm surrounded by fields so he never went in the car. Now back in a Type R again.

Although, would still like to know what these CR-V's are like. My missis has though about getting one

I sold my DC5 when we got our dog. No idea why... Thought I needed an estate to cart him about in. I live in A small town in Devon and I'm surrounded by fields so he never went in the car. Now back in a Type R again.

Although, would still like to know what these CR-V's are like. My missis has though about getting one

Jayne is probably going to be getting one next to be honest, she's made those sort of intimations, unless the 2011 Civic tickles her fancy.

They are good cars but if you want a 4x4 then get a proper one crv is nothing but a tall civic lol
well said.

Aye, I've seen the vids of them off road. As soon as they lift one wheel off the ground they are useless. No locking diffs in sight...

I think I had it in my head that I fancied a barge for a bit, with a bit more snow capabilty than the Civic, which to be honest feels just plain dangerous on the snow and ice. :eek:

I'll man up when the temp goes up a few degrees.

My DC2 has been fine in the snow and ice, good fun at times, no where near dangerous though. Fat tyres in this weather FTL.

My DC2 has been fine in the snow and ice, good fun at times, no where near dangerous though. Fat tyres in this weather FTL.

Aye 225s FTL.

Well I've driven the FN2 to and from Warrington today, and I don't think I'll be bothering with a CR-V just yet.

The grin has returned. First time I hit Vtec I got James May's fizzing root syndrome. :)

Aye 225s FTL.

Well I've driven the FN2 to and from Warrington today, and I don't think I'll be bothering with a CR-V just yet.

The grin has returned. First time I hit Vtec I got James May's fizzing root syndrome. :)

Good lad. :)

Back