• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Thinking of buying a dc5 whats a fair price

As the title states, having a few issues with Audi and now I have it in my head that ill successfully reject the car and with a new flat move imminent I thought I would save some cash and buy and older motor - can't see anything better than a dc5 :confused:

Its going to have to be champ white with red recaros and reasonably low mileage, pre facelift of course if thats possible. I seen a 67k one for under £8k and it looked mint, but Id rather spend a bit more on a lower mileage one.

On the dc5 forum prices are all over the place as on piston heads and I think its madness people wanting circa £11k for a 10 year old car with 70k on the clock.

I thought I would ask on here what people think is a reasonable price for what Im looking for assuming it can be found?

im after one too, not paying any more than 9k and it must be white with red recaros. if you find one let me know so i can buy it

lol at the audi though, gayboy :p

Here's a few examples of what I believe the CW/Red interior combos to be 'worth'...

• 2001, 70k miles, good condition £7,600
• 2001, 50k miles, very good condition £8,500
• 2001, 30k miles, excellent condition £9,400

Then as a formula, add £400 for every year newer it is. So take the last example, a 2004 late pre facelift with 30k miles in excellent condition (£400 x3) + £9,400 = £10,600.

Nothing like a bit of late night maths... :lol:

im after one too, not paying any more than 9k and it must be white with red recaros. if you find one let me know so i can buy it

lol at the audi though, gayboy :p

What happened to the Evo X. What mileage are you looking at? I have a nice tt that would suit you!

Here's a few examples of what I believe the CW/Red interior combos to be 'worth'...

• 2001, 70k miles, good condition £7,600
• 2001, 50k miles, very good condition £8,500
• 2001, 30k miles, excellent condition £9,400

Then as a formula, add £400 for every year newer it is. So take the last example, a 2004 late pre facelift with 30k miles in excellent condition (£400 x3) + £9,400 = £10,600.

Nothing like a bit of late night maths... :lol:

I think thats fair what you listed, do such low mileage examples actually exist though at that price?

personally i would rather buy a "higher mileage" newer DC5, 52/53 rather than a lower mileage older one. sitting around for extended periods of time with low mileage is not cool.

personally i would rather buy a "higher mileage" newer DC5, 52/53 rather than a lower mileage older one. sitting around for extended periods of time with low mileage is not cool.

Someone else said that when I seen a 10k 51 plate imported.

I agree to an extent I would prefer a newer plate also, but someone could just use it as a weekend toy and therefore the miles wouldn't rack up yet it would be kept ticking over.

Mines done just under 50k. If I was going to sell and I wasn't in a rush, I'd stick up fir just under 10k and wait to be knocked down a bit.

Looking through the classifieds on various sites, DC5's are holding their value very well. Maybe people are over pricing them, but they're still selling.

What's up with the TT (apart from it being a TT :p)?

:lol: There is a minor seat sagging issue, its a well known problem and I decided to kick up fcuk. Trading standards have taken on the case and I even have emails from Audi saying they will reject if I give them one more shot at fixing it - but I declined.

With a new flat move coming and a bigger mortgage I thought I would use it as an excuse to hopefully buy a car out right and have cash to blow for taking ho's back to the new pad :cool:

my mate imported mines.

well if your going to be paying under 8k, i wouldnt be expecting them to be mint.

DC5's are still holding their price well.

my mate imported mines.

well if your going to be paying under 8k, i wouldnt be expecting them to be mint.

DC5's are still holding their price well.

I don't intend to only pay 8k though, Id expect to pay around £10k for a decent low mileage one.

I sold my very good condition 2001 (51) CW / Red combo DC5 with 33k miles last year for £9,900, such examples do exist but can be a rare find.

What happened to the Evo X. What mileage are you looking at? I have a nice tt that would suit you!

I decided that paying 20k for a car is LOL, so i bought a new kitchen, front door and have some dollar left for a dc5. Looking for no more than 50k mils.

Keep your TT! :ymca:

I decided that paying 20k for a car is LOL, so i bought a new kitchen, front door and have some dollar left for a dc5. Looking for no more than 50k mils.

Makes sense, I hope you have some change spare to buy some tobacco to smoke by your fireside in your tartan slippers.

Im the same on the dc5 front 30-50k miles is what im after. You should maybe put up a wanted thread on the dc5 forum as having the cash sitting there could tempt a few to sell up.

You could probably get a 03 plate sub 50k no worries Harv. As the jock says, have a look on ITR-DC5.com

You could probably get a 03 plate sub 50k no worries Harv. As the jock says, have a look on ITR-DC5.com

:lol: Which mod is it I report such vulgar and racist slurs to?

I have decided I want a nhb with red recaros - not so easy finding one of those.

Back