• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

This may seem like a dumb question but here goes...

i found out my car is limited to 220KM, apart from the obvious advantages of changing ECU and re-mapping... will doing this also take away the top speed limiter?

hmmmm you can delimit it without changing ecu and remapping dude, but i forgot what the thingy is called that does it. lol Are you near TGM in Fleet? Give them a bell Tom will sort it for you.

I very much doubt someone put on a speed limiter so it can't go past 140mph. I reckon the car just ran out of puff.

I very much doubt someone put on a speed limiter so it can't go past 140mph. I reckon the car just ran out of puff.

I was thinking the same, JDM cars are limited to 180kph (112mph), never heard of one limited to 220kph...... :?

on paper the specs suggest that the car can go 146mph flat out, according to the specs section on this forum.

however all i am able to do is roughly 135mph. maybe the car does run out of puff or i need to give it longer to let it crawl slowly to its top speed...

i just found it strange how it is able to accelerate fine until about 6,500 - 7,000 in 6th gear, then seems to stop and go no further even though it has plenty of revs left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Air resistance I'd imagine, the ctr isn't the most aerodynamic car. I'd imagine honda did the top speed on a rolling road so air resistance isn't a factor

Not sure if any of the above is true and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but it just seems logical to me

on paper the specs suggest that the car can go 146mph flat out, according to the specs section on this forum.

however all i am able to do is roughly 135mph. maybe the car does run out of puff or i need to give it longer to let it crawl slowly to its top speed...

i just found it strange how it is able to accelerate fine until about 6,500 - 7,000 in 6th gear, then seems to stop and go no further even though it has plenty of revs left.

The gearing in 6th in a DC5 equates to roughly 20mph per 1000rpm

This means at 7000rpm you will be doing roughly 140mph

Say your rev limiter is at 8600, theoretically your top speed is c.172mph if you have enough 'puff'

A standard DC5 doesn't have enough puff to get it to 170 without a very very long bit of Tarmac.

Modified however, it's possible!

Per you question however, If the car/speedo reads/counts in miles/mph then It has had a converter fitted and therefore should not be limited at all.

(Actually this is factually incorrect. The speed is originally limited to 180kmh. When the speedo converter is fitted and kms become Miles, the speed limit is converted too, 180mph becomes the new limit, but try achieving that!!!)

You've got to understand that the air resistance on the car at these speeds is immense. That's why you need daft power outputs to achieve speeds like 200mph on super slippery cars like the Veyron.

Either way, if you are going to take the car somewhere like TDi-North to check for a limiter, it might be worth sticking it on the dyno to see if it is pulling like it should. :smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i think i need to get myself up there when i've got abit of free time. probably hasn't got a limiter, probably me just not used to the car yet.

Thanks for the inputs guys

Don't be a pratt...

For the sake of the square on here; an Aftermarket Final Drive was what was originally meant.

Back