• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Throttle body

I am about to get my EP3 a bigger throttle body, but still can`t decide whitch one? What do you guys think, Spoon, J`s, Skunk2? How much is the original one big anyway?

The car has already some mods - k-pro, rbc inlet maniford, cai, skunk2 stage1 cams and dc maniford.

Going off what the increase for a Spoon throttle body is (16% increase and 70mm bore) i would think the standard throttle body is around 58.8mm.

Remap would probably be in order too.

Tracy Sports TB is £20 cheaper from us.

Skunk2 is OK, they certainly have some good parts. I'm looking at some of their cams at the moment for my EP3.

Buddyclub, unfortunately my opinion has dropped, as many of their parts have been outsourced to China and Taiwan, and therefore the quality has suffered.

This is all my opinion though.

I have Skunk2 Stage 1 cams and I must say the car works great. Theese cams also gave better gains than the others we have compered them to, like JDM DC5, Buddy Club and TSX.

I`ll have another look at the throttles and see what to get for my Civic :)

Don`t forget to get the Toda chain tensioner or to modify the original one. It`s all written on the Skunk2 page.

I have had a Tracy Sports TB waiting to go on for a while, it will be matched to Skunk2 Stage 2 (new profile) cams and valve train. Just waiting on the new Skunk2 tensioner to arrive and of I go.

From what I gather Paul at TDI said when he tuned a car with a larger TB it allowed him to give 6% more fuel at the top end. I cannot remember the spec of the car though it had K Pro of course. What that means in actual gains, I am not sure. Though when tuning N/A every bit helps I guess.

I have had a Tracy Sports TB waiting to go on for a while, it will be matched to Skunk2 Stage 2 (new profile) cams and valve train. Just waiting on the new Skunk2 tensioner to arrive and of I go.

From what I gather Paul at TDI said when he tuned a car with a larger TB it allowed him to give 6% more fuel at the top end. I cannot remember the spec of the car though it had K Pro of course. What that means in actual gains, I am not sure. Though when tuning N/A every bit helps I guess.

I look forward to seeing these results G! :cool:

i bought the buddy club throttle body as it is matched to the rbc intake mani, i noticed improvment in trottle response, was a good price aswell

Back