• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TP takes Baby ROTREX to FI FWD win in Time Attack

There's more to come powerwise, we just need the time and money to fit the new fueling / exhaust and then we can take rev limit and boost up.

Meanwhile we have started fitting the AST suspension from Ollie Crawford's old car - how low can we go?
DSC00045S.JPG

About a Chihuahua!

DSC00046S.JPG

Note the forum decals - cheers Mook/Chris

Tomorrow the front and to swap the Endless for StopTechs which I've just picked up from Chris at ABP.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
On blimey , think you may need to get it a little higher, you got a lot of weight ( Paul !! ) going in there, it might rub against the arches .. hehehe..

See ya sunday mate.

Good work Sean and Paul, did you not have some issues with those coilovers?

I approve of the forum URL too :smt047

The old ones are on their way back to the manufacturer. Ollie's fns has had a hard life and we will them have serviced after Brands.

Seano

Well we didn't make this one any easier for ourselves - I'm knackered!

Drove down to Brands got the hotel and went to investigate why the car was violently pulling to one side under braking. We were horrified to find that a hub bearing had gone and the grease was all over disk, pads, wheel etc. Where the hell are we going to find one of those at 6pm on a Saturday.

Luckily CTRO forum member Aaron Cody heard of our predicament and allowed us to go and borrow his n/s hub. Even better buy the time Steve Grindle and I got round to his house, Aaron and his mate had half got it off the car.

Up early this morning to get to the pit garage to do the swap and get some sort of set-up on the AST's - lots of grease and VPOWER crud breakfast for me.

With not having the Tein pillowmounts on, we couldn't get much camber on the car and had to raise it to prevent the rears fouling. Obviously this made it way too loose and floaty.

Will now have the AST's serviced and get the proper top mounts that will let us run the camber thats required. We now have nearly 3 months off before Snett so we will also firm up all the bushes etc and have a proper crack at it ie go from a car that washes out to one thats nervous, pointy and sensitive. As TP pointed out, if we are going to have a car thats difficult to drive, we might as well have one thats quick.

Still Paul managed to grab a second in class - which is good.

Nice to see a few old friends down there - and at least we managed to get back oop North again without Paul doing the "Lambeth Walk" or singing about "Old Iron". So maybe not a win but a blessing that we should count.

I seem to have bought shares in Dartford tunnel too.

Seano

I can't start to thank the lads enough for all the work put in this weekend. (Dad;)(Seano), Steve Brindle, Louis and Aaron Coady:cool:)

Noticed on the drive down something was seriously wrong with the car violently pulling to the right under braking. Had a look when we got to Maidstone and found as Sean says the bearing had split and thrown grease over everything. Basically we wern't going racing. Bearing in mind also the championship is ours to loose and I only now need a 3rd in the final to win the FWD series I was pretty suicidal!

Few phonecalls later and Louis had sorted a replacement with Aaron so off sean and Steve go to meet Aaron and remove the parts needed.

They get back to the hotel hub in hand at 11pm and a few beer and I sleep a bit better.

We get to the track, swaps done and we are ready for first practice. Nosman is right. Tires were rubbing badly on the arches on cornering so its raise it up time.
We are then using the remaining sessions to try and get a good setup and end up running max damping and as much camber as we can given we only have stock top mounts as car is washing out on the corners and then wheelspinning out of them as there is little grip.
We ended up with a car that was pretty stiff but understeering, cocking its wheels nearly every corner but was a real hoot to drive, although I was driving pretty committed and did fall off the track 2 or 3 times!:lol:

Again trap speeds were mega impressive considering the lack of grip as I left the corners so after our break we should have a pretty well dialed car for the final round at Snetterton where I will be pushing to beat Marco.:twisted:

Few more issues found yesterday, we split another driveshaft boot and the lower arm bush on drivers side had split and that certainly didn't help as I was cornering!:rolleyes:

Big well done to Dave who drove really well. Was great fun in the final when it seemed like it was just the pair of us out on track racing each other. So much fun and could have done it all again!:cool:

I think you lot are owed a easy weekend at Snetterton - well done to all for what sounds like a massive effort :)

Hi Lotttie

Sorry I didn't have the time for a proper chat with you and Si on Sunday - I was knackered and had things on my mind. TP and I will have to drag the old lady to a HOT event and we can all have a play.

Top piccies of the holigan at work - when you think I love this car, I must be mad, but it seems strangely collective. There was no way that this car should have been made a cube.

S

Hi Lotttie

Sorry I didn't have the time for a proper chat with you and Si on Sunday - I was knackered and had things on my mind. TP and I will have to drag the old lady to a HOT event and we can all have a play.

Top piccies of the holigan at work - when you think I love this car, I must be mad, but it seems strangely collective. There was no way that this car should have been made a cube.

S

Was good to catch up with you on Sunday :) you did look pretty tired, heat probably didnt help either though :lol:

Would be good to see it at a HOT event :cool:

No way it should have been made into a cube, its at home on the track :twisted:

Everyone is very welcome to come and say Hi and hopefully we will have more time for a chat :lol:

I was having a convo with TP today and we have planned out what we are going to do with the car over the next couple of months.

1) Service the AST's and get the pillow ball top mounts
2) Roll the wheel arches and change the R888's from 215's to 225's
3) Put the big fueling system on and get the custom exhaust
4) Re-map
5) Change all the bushes and put a full race set-up on

Do the track day at Oulton on 9/9 as an extended test session keeping our current 8.1 rev limit.

With a 90 point lead over Marco, we can afford to go mental in the Superbattle and take the revs right up to 8.7K - we really would like to beat Marco's vary rapid Fiat on the track! (we've all winter to re-build should she go pop)

Seano

Good seeing you guys again.

Nice old project/ to do list there, that will keep ya all busy.

I thought it would rub on the arches, and when Paul came in we deffo knewit did by the state of the tyres . Hopefully will be all sorted in time for snetters.

ps, I've just brought your Endless brakes !! yey !!!

See ya at Snetters :)

Quick update on the car, we've done pretty well all the work I had planned and TDi North, JP exhausts and TP have done an exceptional job on re-working the car - she has never run better.

Here's the latest dyno chart

modexhaust.jpg

The dotted lines are what we have been running all season, the solid what we have now.

Theres a couple jobs to do before Wednesday including rolling the rear arches.

Seano

486 with a standard backbox..??? I'm loling at how much power you guys are getting out of that thing seano...top marks!!

Back