• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Love this thread so much. You've done a great job on your breaks etc. Love what you done with the interior! Keep up the good work. Car looks mint to look at and your leather seats look in really good nick. Sure mine are looking quite tatty compared to yours! I've only had my car since end of March.

Thanks CivicChick, appreciate it. Trust me it's not mint, there are plenty of scuffs and scrapes that I will get round to eventually but it's a pretty sound base to start with. On the whole the seats aren't bad but I've got the common problem of the passenger seat lever not working and also a poor repair to the bolster on the drivers seat.

Cheers Spike. Lot's that needs fixing and some upgrades in mind so there's plenty to keep me busy (and my wallet empty).

Ordered the Climairs a while back now but the finally turned up on Friday; unfortunately I was away on a stag do so only got round to fitting them today! Went for the 'Dark Sports Type' and removed the logo's from them.

Had the DC5 pedals turn up a while ago and only just got round to fitting those also. The foot rest just clips into place, the accelerator pedal is an easy like for like swap. The brake and clutch involved a little more work, had to drill holes in the pedals and use rivets to attach the new & improved covers. Forgot to mention that I put in a new set of original mats a couple of weeks back, those with the new pedals have really freshened up the interior

I can't believe it's been 2 months since I've done anything to my car, I've been a right lazy sod! If I get my ar*e in gear there'll be a couple of posts closely following this one because I've been buying bits and bobs in that time, they're just waiting to be fitted.

Anyway, today I got round to swapping out the rear lights....

Before:

50/50:

After:

I'm very pleased with how the car looks with the pre-facelift lights fitted, personally I prefer them to the facelift lights but each to their own. I need to get the rear window tint sorted, them bubbles just ruin the rear of the car. Might have a go at it myself although I've been told it's more trouble than it's worth.

Might want to look at getting the factory fitted rear glass and rear side glass that you get on the Premier Edition. Guess it depends how tinted you want the windows to be :D Looking good though

Thanks mate. I'm assuming the factory fitted tinted glass will cost me an arm and a leg so I'll probably give it a go and just find a professional if it goes tits up! One problem I have is that it already had the tints when I bought it so I'm not sure of the %

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I got a rough price for the Privacy Glass for the rear and side Quarter glass. On Lings Honda parts the privacy glass comes up under the premier edition.

So
GLASS SET, RR. WINDSHIELD (PRIVACY)(SPLINTEX)£449.71

GLASS, R. QUARTER (PRIVACY) (SPLINTEX)£54.12 x 2 = 108.24

Total = £557.95

Should see how my Hendy could do you a quote for. :D

It some times comes up on ctro when people are breaking there cars. Get it cheap that way

Yep definitely too expensive Scottish; could think of much better uses for that sort of money.

Thanks for the tip Tom, will keep an eye out for them, will definitely look a lot smarter than a film tint. Nice videos on the track day by the way

No worries, I looked into it a while ago. Also if you get friendly with an autoglass man you can get them changed for free.

Also cheers man

My front fogs were looking a little dull so I got some new ones. Bit of a pain to change them as you need to take the front bumper off although it's not really that tricky!

Also upgraded the side lights, number plate lights and interior lights to LED's while I was at it and it's a nice subtle improvement.

My front fogs were looking a little dull so I got some new ones. Bit of a pain to change them as you need to take the front bumper off although it's not really that tricky!

Also upgraded the side lights, number plate lights and interior lights to LED's while I was at it and it's a nice subtle improvement.

Nice cosmic mate. If you don't mind me asking where did you buy the interior lights and what size cheers haz.

My gear changes were feeling a little 'mushy' and so I decided a little upgrade was in order.

Tegiwa Shifter Bushes
Tegiwa Short Shift
Black Leather Gaiter with Red Stitch

Interior bushes fitted; not a difficult job just very fiddly. Removing the old bushes was the hardest part and then had to be very careful not to lose the clip when removing the shifter cables.

Exterior bushes fitted. A bit of a pain as you need to remove the airbox to gain access but other than that it was pretty straightforward.

Short shifter fitted. You can see from the picture that there is a slight gap; I could have filed it down slightly to make it flush but I didn't want to risk overdoing it and having any play in the shifter, it needs to be a nice tight fit.

Lastly the gear gaiter went on. I wasn't sure if it was a change I was going to be 100% happy with as I quite liked the original rubber gaiter but it's such an improvement and matches really well with the seats and steering wheel.

I bought an ITG Maxogen Induction Kit from Norv in the 'For Sale' section yesterday!! :D/ It should be with me by the end of the week but I really want to get a Silicone Intake Pipe before I fit it so I can do the lot at once.

Was the leather gaitor easy to fit behind the silver ring? Mine had one when I bought it but it's come loose from the housing at the bottom, I assumed it was a cheapo one and needed a new one (I thought they came bonded onto the silver bit) if not I'll refit it properly!

Itg is being packed tomor and work (sorry, Mondays are always manic!) and I'll arrange for collection wed, so should be with you Thurs or Fri. The silicone pipe will take 10 mins to fit, so I wouldn't worry about doing them at the same time, it's really easy!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

It wasn't hard mate, I'm sure you'll have no trouble refitting it. Nothing is glued down its all just clips into place basically. The hardest part for me was the silver cap at the gear knob end but only because it was so fiddly....always the small things that cause all the problems!

Looking forward to receiving it, will be my first mod that adds a couple horses! Good to hear that it's an easy job, was hoping it would be.

Back