• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R #10 - Premium deep violet pearl FD2 (facelift)

Spoon sports steering wheel boss on the way, was holding off buying for a while but this came up as new and pretty cheap so I bit the bullet.

Personal wheel will be on soon.

593ea7075acbc2c7821758b352fb40a2.jpg

394539847ae3c44df893d1cc09656101.jpg

I've also ordered from Japan some oem footwell lighting.

Looks like this.

f2506d6b0ecf3ad879c4b3e05c79ce6e.jpg

And a stradale alcantara gear gaitor.

Looks like this.

9ab7b7c6122cc40e7888b28e418e4b18.jpg

All should be here soon.

I've got a few bits to get rid of parts wise which I need to sort out ..

768e8b1181e621802aedeb0ae34377de.jpg

I see you have the spoon rear view mirror glass, does it just stick over the original mirror? Or have you gota take the old mirror glass out?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’m curious to hear what you’re updated impressions are of the Ohlins- months on. I’m particularly interested in the difference they make in terms of ride quality… I know they’re day and night compared to the OEM suspension- but how much of a difference are they compared to the simple Koni rear shock swap?

Hiya. They're much better than the koni, although not really pushed the car hard due to the weather. Probably one of the best mods I've done to the car.. although on my last fd2 I had the Honda modulo suspension which I rated highly, though at the moment you're only paying about £300 more for ohlins due to the exchange rate.

Some bits arrived from Japan.

Stradale alcantara gear gaiter and Honda access footwell lighting.

c661c1b9b1402337a8ad5850c2ecab0d.jpg
733c267ab1b332f71206f640c114bd53.jpg

And the spoon boss to go with my personal neo grinta steering wheel.

59eea9938b0adb3581636860fa196366.jpg

You have chucked some serious money at this car mate.
Given me loads of inspiration for mine.
Where did the Stradale alcantara gear gaiter come from? I ordered that Spoon interior mirror and also picked up a Spoon EngineTourqeDamper to finish off my engine bay.

You have chucked some serious money at this car mate.
Given me loads of inspiration for mine.
Where did the Stradale alcantara gear gaiter come from? I ordered that Spoon interior mirror and also picked up a Spoon EngineTourqeDamper to finish off my engine bay.

I ordered the gear gaitor via RHD JAPAN.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/stradale-shift-boot-civic-fd2.html

The footwell lighting from the same place too.

Dott - how good was the conversion from Yen to GBP when you bought of RHD?

Looking at their Fujitsubo as it's coming up under £500 when converted using OandA.com. For the same price/cheaper than a cobra or Milltek I'm considering it.

Bought off them years ago when they first started but nothing recent.

Chris, don't forget shipping, potential import duty and VAT.

Oh yeah aware of those. I've asked them what they estimate the total cost to be inc delivery and all the above.

I'll probably go Milltek or Cobra but as it's coming out at that price I thought I'd look at the option.

Sorry for the hijack Dott.

Hiya. They're much better than the koni, although not really pushed the car hard due to the weather. Probably one of the best mods I've done to the car.. although on my last fd2 I had the Honda modulo suspension which I rated highly, though at the moment you're only paying about £300 more for ohlins due to the exchange rate.

Thanks for the reply. I'm planning on purchasing a set soon, can't wait! Out of interest, what was your final damper setting for DD duties? I'm guessing you veered more toward comfort as opposed to the 10 clicks all around as recommended by Ohlins?

Try for road 16 from hard front

14 from hard rear

Track 8 from hard front

6 from hard rear

Back