• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R No.3 - My Milano Red FN2 GT **MILTEK ZORST**

did your satnav unit come fitted into your car for the reversing camera or did you have to do that one yourself?

car is looking awesome!!

did your satnav unit come fitted into your car for the reversing camera or did you have to do that one yourself?

car is looking awesome!!

Yeah the Satnav system is a built in jobbie, you just have to get a cable and it connects into the back of the DVD drive that is located in the glovebox. It has been so useful and I don't worry about hitting anything now :lol:

Yeah the Satnav system is a built in jobbie, you just have to get a cable and it connects into the back of the DVD drive that is located in the glovebox. It has been so useful and I don't worry about hitting anything now :lol:

i dont have one built in, can you buy them and were can you buy them from if possible?

a have the grand prix pack with the rages and after seeing yours black am loving the look :D

i dont have one built in, can you buy them and were can you buy them from if possible?

a have the grand prix pack with the rages and after seeing yours black am loving the look :D

I don't think it would be possible to fit it after, if you could it would be a mammoth task, the screen is different, different stereo, dvd navigation part and glovebox is different

I don't think it would be possible to fit it after, if you could it would be a mammoth task, the screen is different, different stereo, dvd navigation part and glovebox is different

looks like that would be one mod that wont be getting done on mine :(

must only be a few with that installed surely............really really like that reversing camera *** :(

looks like that would be one mod that wont be getting done on mine :(

must only be a few with that installed surely............really really like that reversing camera *** :(

If you replaced the OEM head unit with the dash adaptor then fitted a double din screen in, you could get one that way.

If you replaced the OEM head unit with the dash adaptor then fitted a double din screen in, you could get one that way.

This could be something worth looking at but it would seem quite costly and who would i get to fit it?
I think thats going to hit the bottom of the list :(

Get mine fitted Tuesday... No rear cam for me - but £15 from Amazon, a day hiding wires behind interior/carpet and a plug into the Bach of the head unit and you're sorted... I'll post pics when done if you want a look!

Get mine fitted Tuesday... No rear cam for me - but £15 from Amazon, a day hiding wires behind interior/carpet and a plug into the Bach of the head unit and you're sorted... I'll post pics when done if you want a look!

what is it thats costing you the £15 mate? just the parking sensors?

Well today was an early start to get to ABP for 9:00am although the motorway was clear, it did rain at intervals on the way but it only took me about 40 mins.

So had the Tein springs fitted and FRSU done along with the 4 year service :D the standard filter was filthy so I went for a K&N replacement instead of the standard one, although it will be changed for an induction kit at some point next year. Had some bonus news that I didn't need to fit any rear shims as if I did it would make it too far out, but the fronts were fitted and set up.

Also asked if they had some HEKO wind deflectors come back in but they are going to stop selling them, as Chris was saying that when they are delivered they have had at least 5 at a time damaged, and trying to get them to replace or refund them is a nightmare. He also said that when they mail order they have had problems with them breaking in transit so have give up. Luckily they had one set left so I bagged them and he got them to fit them for me too for no extra charge.

Unfortunately the weather was a bit ***** to say the least on the drive back, I came off the motorway at Stafford to go the road way home to have a play. Managed to have a bit of one but as the roads were wet and it was a Saturday (everyone out shopping) I didn't have chance to really push it. That said the tyres I have are crap to say the least, especially in the wet and I have no confidence in them, some budget things I have never heard of. So that will be the next port of call or change to 18's as the tyres for 19's I could probably buy a set of wheels and tyres :lol:

I want to see what the car is like at the moment before I fit the braces, so will see about fitting them when I probably get the other ones arrive I have on order :D

Will get pics up when it has had a clean how the car stands at the moment, you can tell it has been dropped a little and I think more so on the rear seeing as they drop is slightly more, but it levels the car out a lot better.

The normal driving of the car has also improved though with the springs, it is a lot smoother than it was before and not as crashy or as firm.

Thanks to Chris and the guys at ABP

The reason I went with ABP was they were competitively priced for my requirements, they are not too far to travel and the FRSU is not too hardcore and tyre wear will be minimal than having a more aggressive set up. As I will be mainly using it to work and back, and a blast on a weekend it suits my needs but if I do decide to do more track days then I may look at a different set up. But I was perfectly happy with the EP3 with this sort of settings so I am sure I will be with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good updates and looking forward to the pics.

18s for the win by the way! ;)

Sounds good mate sorry couldn't meet up I was up at 5 for work. Good choice with the hekos will definitely look into a set of springs and set up how did ya find the k and n been thinking about getting one

Im Drunk lol hence edit ,car will look great on those springs :)

I've got a k and n also, makes a wee bit more noise and the throttle response is a little sharper I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after the disappointing findings at the start of the week, something to cheer me up!

My further Ultra Racing bars have hit the shores, a bit earlier than expected too so should be picking them up next week :D

Might try and get the ARB fitted next week as well, unfortunately I cannot do it at home as you need to get it up in the air. I did a favour for a mechanic around the corner from the works the other day, so kind of hinted I need a favour too :lol: So will give him a hand fitting it :D

I will try and get the rest fitted as well then, so much I need to do now but this damn rain is hindering progress.

Well done a bit of wrapping this afternoon, in between feeling a bit off it, being sick, I came around and done these

They were a little marked so decided to wrap them with the carbon effect film/vinyl and really pleased how they have turned out

2a09db34.jpg

26c63e25.jpg

a7d3fd7c.jpg

After being pleased with the results I then decided to get the B Pillar covers off and do those as well, being quite flat they were easier to do but still fiddly when doing the edges.

30c47dc7.jpg

One completed, one to go

661c380f.jpg

875c0d34.jpg

Waiting for them to completely dry before I fit them back on tomorrow.

Next on the list is the dash, which I need to take out first then I think I will leave it at that.

Great job on the vinyl wrapping, I've seen a few people use this now to great effect! I'm tempted to have a go at this myself, probably not in carbon though. Did you use the 3M stuff?

B Pillar all fitted, and have to say it looks good even if I do say so myself :lol:

Just a shame the rest of the car is dirty :(

a35b2af9.jpg

7232b095.jpg

22acb308.jpg

Next job is to remove the dash around the dials and get that covered today, unfortunately at the game so it will have to be late this afternoon

Well today the weather was rubbish so couldn't give it a clean :(

So I ripped out the dash surround and got to work.

a768e40b.jpg

Next job was to remove all the attachments like start button, climate controls, vent etc...

96bc5d66.jpg

Now to do the job properly you need to remove these panels from the rest of the unit, so then you can get around the top where it meets the curved bit of the dash. Unfortunately it is not as simple as it sounds as it is not just clipped on. It appears that plastic prongs go through and are then melted onto that part of the dash. So the use of a soldering iron and patience is required as it is held by a few on either side.

Eventually you are left with this.

abc4738e.jpg

It was then time to wrap them, I have been very impressed with this stuff and it goes on very well using a hairdryer so I decided to use it to do this job as I originally got some from eBay in 4 x A4 sheets, but doesn't seem as flexible.

One nearly done, the little holes were the worst bits to do as access to them were a bit more limited.

c8f4fa9a.jpg

But got there.

aef9bd68.jpg

So before

d7462c69.jpg

6941fc2b.jpg

After

c227aeca.jpg

69d7beb1.jpg

Then all fitted :D

e5bb54a3.jpg

6b4b50d5.jpg

e2b9993f.jpg

Overall really pleased with the results, took some time but I didn't want to rush and make a mess of it.

Back