• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R number 7 - NHB 30th AE *Updated mod list Pg 1'

I have a red FN2/FD2 JMR battery tie from the recent group buy. For various different reasons I ended up with a red and a blue.

That was a special offer for previous customers lol;)

Thanks to Ian (RedJDMEP3) for fitting my HID's today :)

I have not had much chance to test them out yet but they are in and working. I will try and get some pics up later,

For the time being this is where the ballasts are located.

IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_0487.jpg

Most of the cabling is run underneath the grille so it is out of sight, the rest I have zip tied under the front of the slam panel.

Thanks to Ian (RedJDMEP3) for fitting my HID's today :)

I have not had much chance to test them out yet but they are in and working. I will try and get some pics up later,

For the time being this is where the ballasts are located.

IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_0487.jpg

Most of the cabling is run underneath the grille so it is out of sight, the rest I have zip tied under the front of the slam panel.

That is super neat. Almost looks OEM. :smt023

Just nipped out to test them, kinda hard to get any decent pics with an iphone but it is safe to say they are a 100% improvement :)

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Stu, I changed my OEM 4300k bulbs for 6000k bulbs and you get an even better light because it's a closer match to the daylight colour. By the looks of those pictures, the lights look like they're 4000-5000k (I.e. Slight yellow tinge).

Stu, are these from that group buy?
I was looking at a set off these, was just worried at how easy they are to fit? Very close to buying a set..

I know you said you weren't too sure about fitting these yourself but did it look easy? I fancy getting some in the near future but I don't want to chuff up my electrics :lol:

I know you said you weren't too sure about fitting these yourself but did it look easy? I fancy getting some in the near future but I don't want to chuff up my electrics :lol:

It looked fairly easy to do, this was a plug and play kit mind you, no need for any splicing in to wires etc. :)

They were easy to fit, just hiding the cabling was tricky part and once figured out it was a breeze. Just need some electrical tape to seal off one bulb connector (only one used for the kit) and also to seal the fuse from the elements. :D

It looked fairly easy to do, this was a plug and play kit mind you, no need for any splicing in to wires etc. :)

They were easy to fit, just hiding the cabling was tricky part and once figured out it was a breeze. Just need some electrical tape to seal off one bulb connector (only one used for the kit) and also to seal the fuse from the elements. :D

Cheer fellas. They do look really good, a plug and play kit is now on my wish list.

Stu, that J's engine brace is looking a little out of place now. If you want someone to take it off your hands just let me know. :lol:

Back