• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R Tow Bar

But the dealer SHOULD know thats it's an illegal fittment because it clearly says in the brochure under the dimensions and weights section that the towing capacity is N/A

IF a dealer fitted the bar to the car, they can be held responsible for any future actions arising from the use/failure of the tow bar.

Wrong, bad, ugly, shocking, no, no, no!!! It just ruins the entire concept of the car. A performance hatch with a tow bar! :shock:

Why not just respray it beige and put a Volvo badge on it!!! :lol:

Paul

i really need a towbar to fit my type r to tow a small two wheeled trailer to carry a small stand up jetski at weekends. all at my own risk by the looks of it . any one help

i really need a towbar to fit my type r to tow a small two wheeled trailer to carry a small stand up jetski at weekends. all at my own risk by the looks of it . any one help

Buy another car judging by this thread. :)

Its not at your own risk, its at every other road users risk as by towing with your Type R you will invalidate your insurance. :rolleyes:

All be it the fitting companies arnt to know because they wont have read every manual to every car

but the biggest worry i think is all the type r owners who have these fitted that wont have read the manual to there own car?

i mean, this may not be the first thing i get round to doing but it does get read sooner or later, deffinatly before making modifications to it in anyway way

i wouldnt risk it mate you wont be insured. buy a cheep 4x4 old frontera or somthing you can pick them up for peanuts

:)

I know I top tow bar fitter who will put you a quality bar on but he will advise against it. Then if you still sure, he'll take your money & do the best job he can.
It looks a total bag of cr@p like. Next people will be putting them on supercars.

that looks shabba:lol:would never put anything like that on ctr,i bought a roof rack last winter off ebay in a moment of madness but could not bring my self to put it on.managed to offload it this summer though for just over double what i paid,BONUS.:D

Back