• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

I've learnt a valuable lesson this evening, if it's not broken, don't fix it. I replaced the original set of Honda leads a few months back as they had started to 'look' a bit ropey. I replaced them with some nearly new Bosch 8mm silicone leads from a trusted member on the CRX forum. A couple of months past and I was experiencing the same symptoms as those on my journey to JAE. Basically one of the leads decided to fail in a big way (see pic below) I swapped it with one of the original leads and it ran fine again.

I've just checked again this evening and another one has gone, on a different cylinder. I took the remainder off and put the original set of Honda leads back on, and wow, what a difference! It runs so much smoother, at idle, throughout the rev range, especially in vtec! :cool:

I do not recommend these leads!

lead-failure.jpg

Malevolent sale of bodge fix broken leads, abandon CRX forum and all seemingly reputable members.

:lol:

Unfortunately my car would not be able to survive without that forum.

Nonsense! We keep it going with our chants of "best build" and "gee, great work Chris!" Team CRX do nothing for you.

I gather these are the only magicks required to keep a cretaceous period Honda going.

Tell you what I like about my car... I get in it, turn it on and arrive at my destination without worrying about breaking down or just indeed arriving at my destination in the first place!

Hats off to you though pal, you've got the patience of a saint with your motor. It shows too because it looks fantastic.

I did lol at you getting chubbys every time some square old bit of 80's Jap metal kept driving past throughout the weekend.

593c3b32.jpg

I genuinely thought of you when I had to jump start this guy's even older piece of Jap history with my old piece of Jap history to get him out of a petrol station.

My daiz.

Was loving the car at JAE Chris, the time and dedication you've put into it really showed by the amount of admiring glances it was getting. I overheard one guy whilst he was snapping away on his I-Phone say to his mate "Got to get a pic of this for our kid, he won't believe me when i tell him i sold one of these".:cool: It is a really nice little car mate, keep up the good work, if i can get my EG anywhere near this good looking i'll be happy;)

254bhp K20 powered, Mugen kitted CRX for sale on the CRX forum, was 6.5k, now only 4k! :eek:

I need money quickly. :lol:

265896_1994740425328_1147950138_31873323_1226738_o.jpg

^It's now sold, he had 3 people willing to give deposits by noon. :lol:

Update 28/09/11 - ITR cams and plans

I picked up some '98 spec ITR cams this evening. I plan to get them fitted, along with getting my ECU socketed and finally dyno tuned very shortly. :D

Whilst it's nice to know, it's a bit pointless really. I'll obviously have before and after figures for the tuning, but I doubt I'll bother with a run pre cams.

To be honest as long as there's a bit more noticeable go, and I get rid of a few flat spots, I'll be happy.

UPDATE: 11/10/11 Skunk2 adjustable cam gears

Received these little beauties today, they should help to make the most of my ITR cams when fitted.

I am provisionally getting the cams, cam gears and a socketed ECU fitted and mapped at DNR (well respected on the CRX forum) early November, to say I can't wait, is a understatement! :D

skunk2-cam-gears2.jpg

skunk2-cam-gears.jpg

Back