• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

Winning.

Best Honda on the forum just got better!

What's the CC with that overbore?

Oh hai Chris!

Your car is going to be awesome, not that it already isn't.
You need to visit once it needs running in ;)

The more important question is, hows the BEAST!

What's the CC with that overbore?

It's not really a displacement exercise, it's more to get the bores perfectly true and honed again. Displacement will go up fractionally from 1,797cc to a whopping 1,820cc :lol:

The more important question is, hows the BEAST!

If you're referring the the Mitsubishi, it's the biggest POS I've ever bought. Since I've had it, I've had so many issues, the main ones being the mental alarm system and juddering wookie clutch. Not to mention its turd to drive, I've got over my initial enthusiasm for the turbo, it's so dull to drive, the delivery is so SO linear, it's a joke! I still have the odd bit of fun trolling the repmobiles, but generally speaking its the worst car I've owned (should of kept my EM2). It will be sold very soon to fund my 'CR-X Shopping List'.

Today I was like a 10 year old on Christmas morning. :D

YES!

2014-new-bits_zps18c5afda.jpg

Amazing car and so clean! I had a crx vtec for my first car and absolutely loved it and spent a small fortune on it over the years. Even looked at getting another one a couple of years ago but couldn't find one anywhere near as clean as my one unfortunately. Keep up the good work mate.

Car looks cool, always liked the crx's

Is that everything you need for the swap?

doing it yourself?
Cheers! No there's quite few other bits I have/still need... S80 gearbox, hydro intermediate shaft, cable to hydro clutch conversion parts, Innovative engine and gearbox mounts, Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold, Hondata S300 ECU and a few other little bits and pieces.

I'm taking it to Daz (DNR/Endless Horizon) to get it all fitted, run in and mapped.

Amazing car and so clean! I had a crx vtec for my first car and absolutely loved it and spent a small fortune on it over the years. Even looked at getting another one a couple of years ago but couldn't find one anywhere near as clean as my one unfortunately. Keep up the good work mate.
What colour and have you got any pics? I'd love a stock Celestial Blue, but can't justify having two CRXs in my life. :lol:

On another note, I manged to get a cracking deal from Flux on my insurance... £280 Fully comp, all mods declared! :cool: And finally it's going for it's MOT on the 24th, I can't wait to drive it again!

Mine was a white H reg uk vtec and I absolutely loved it. A big part of me wished I never sold it as it's so hard to find a clean crx nowadays that isn't rotten or sky high mileage. I'd love another one as a second car but just haven't got the cash. I've loads of pics of it still on my computer. I'll try and upload a few.

A few more bits for the collection...

A Hondata S300

hondata-s300_zpsc93d8414.jpg

And a Todaegiwa 4-2-1 Manifold

4-2-1_zpsdb70ba30.jpg

I bought an S80 gearbox a few weeks ago, I've only just had a chance to clean it up (what an absolute pig of a job). I will probably spend few more hours on it if I get a chance.

Here's the fruits of my labour...

s80_zpsb321e84d.jpg

Several Chris, primarily the fact it has an LSD and quite a few options if I wanted to upgrade in the future. It also has closer ratios, with a much much shorter 3rd and 4th than the original Y2 box. It also means I get to run later (hydro) drive shafts, this is a real bonus as CRX drive shafts are very hard to find, by switching to hydro it means I can run the same shafts from the later Civics, Integras etc. which there are no shortage in supply.

Good work on the box cleanup, what did you use? I only ever tried to tart up one 'box and I gave up very quickly.

I can see why, I usually get satisfaction cleaning stuff up, not this though, hated every minute!

I used several scourers and a cocktail of degreasants I had lying about, but predominately Gunk Engine Foam. I was told I could use oven cleaner, but I wasn't brave enough to try!

:lol: must have taken an absolute age then if you had to try different solutions. Oven cleaner is fine as long as it only touches the metal, I think it degrades/discolours rubbers and stuff.

Back