• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeRiter's Stolen Prem.. Updated...

Amateurs. Ebay/Autotrader etc is the key for cloning a car, not stealing physical numberplates.

Good to hear you got it back though. Sticker on the boot time "As seen on Police Camera Action"

Glad you got it back mate, i know it sounds strange but how do you feel about taking it back?

Ive known a few people that have never wanted there cars due to the condition etc, but then they were properly knackered!

Wow that's great news!!! This has made my day, was super gutted when I heard about this and now it's sorted. At least you can sleep now knowing it's safe and sound in a police lock up. Get it to TGM and get a full detail done and it will be good as new. Excellent! :)

Agreed, seems like a stupid way of going about things but hey like you say amateurs. I just hope that the one idiot they caught was the same guy that broke into your place, and was stupid enough to leave his fingerprints all over the shop.

Still good news it's back, and fingers crossed TGM give it a clean bill of health. Remember the K20 takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

You've got to get that bumper sticker Nick suggested: http://www.zazzle.co.uk/cr/design/pt-bumpersticker :D

Great news, really pleased for you TypeRiter. :D

Hope she gets a clean bill of health and the love affair continues. :cool:

2608994548_b3e1278430.jpg

Obviously I know you guys haven't seen her, but would the usage/possible thrashiing worry you?

Not really.. these cars love to be thrashed.. one thing that would concern me is the whole 'stolen/recovered' thing, not good for resale purposes - but if you intend on keeping it a while then it should be fine.

Not really.. these cars love to be thrashed.. one thing that would concern me is the whole 'stolen/recovered' thing, not good for resale purposes - but if you intend on keeping it a while then it should be fine.

Yeah man, good shout... I was concerned about this too before it was recovered. This is a definite issue I'm worried about, come to think about it. :?

Good news bud. :smt023

Anything that's not mechanically and/or cosmetically sound when you get it back, make sure TGM do a written report that you can submit to the insurance company.

The insurance may want to inspect it themselves so don't get any work done until the insurance company say you can. Plus point is that the insurance company will have to take your word for it that anything that is wrong with the car was caused by the thieving scum... :rolleyes:

Like Nick said, to be riding round on stolen plates, they must have been mad. Only explanation is that they were opportunists, maybe got high that night and decided to burgle, "that guy we saw cleaning the Type R," sort of thing.

Just make sure you get some 'effin' decent locks on your doors so it doesn't happen again!! :lol:

shame it wasn't stolen and burned out really.

always the best scenario in these situations unless you have grands worth of undeclared mods.

as it is you get the car back that is thrashed and you need to take it at best to TGM and spend £££ on service. the worst part of all is the car will be on the register CAT D stolen recovered which takes off 10-15% resale price.

i hope the car doesn't have damage to the interior and exterior for your sake but you need to find out a way to claim for about £2000 worth of stuff as this is how much this sorry tale will leave you out of pocket.

good news is they caught someone who will be let off on a technicality or serve 4 months.

Back