• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre Combination etc

34psi+ works better in T1r's because they are made of jelly and need the extra pressure for the sidewalls to hold up during cornering..... 32f 30r is perfect for potz.

It seem to give the toyo a bit more bite with the extra couple of psi. They are still not as good in the dry for out and out grip as the RE040 is but then the fact it is safe to drive in the wet more than makes up for it. For that you need to spend twice as much and go for the michelin pilot exelto which so far i have found are perfect and even seem to be outlasting the 040.

People harp on about how the 040 is the best because it was standard fit and all the testing etc etc but frankly i think it came down to 1 thing and that was they got them at a discount price which fitted the budget better than others.

45921590.popcorn.gif

i think it came down to 1 thing and that was they got them at a discount price which fitted the budget better than others.

no...thats what compels people to buy the T1r's.

The potz have a different string to their bow, namely performance.:cool:

Oh and agreed for road use understeer is always the favoured, trying to get an oversteering front wheel drive car on a public road back in a straight line is even more dangerous than the stupid speed you need to do to get it oversteering in the first place.

understeer?!? to correct that you either require left foot breaking or applying the handbrake, not really that much easier than just putting your foot down to correct oversteer. :rolleyes:

also please dont assume its makes an ass of u & me :p (txt speak taken out of context)

they are still good in the wet, I've had no problems with them....of course you do need to posess a certain skill level/throttle control so I can't speak for everyone.;)

sorry Jenson :p

when they've got plenty of tread wet grip was ok, but after that. one word- dangerous :eek:

:lol:

did 1000miles on some T1r's and sold them, couldn't wait to get rid of them. Horrible feeling when pushing the car a bit, not good.

Back