• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

V Power or tesco ron 99

chrisukserv

Banned
Noticed in the DC5 that V Power appears to make the engine noisier - not any faster...

in the ep3 tesco ron 99 seems to make it a bit more pokey!

any thoughts?

I use Tesco 97 RON, no difference to Vpower. You need boost to notice any difference.

vpower>tesco buy a huge margin, can feel the difference in the evo. It may say 99 ron but its crap.

Saying that I prefer ultimate lol

Whatever you do, don't stick normal super in it. You want to run it as close to the 100 RON it was originally mapped to.

SiKBoY will be able to tell you the differences more than me as he's in that game.

I use V power. It's got additives in it to keep the engine and injectors nice and clean.

I've heard the Tesco 99 is basically a "cocktail" of stuff. BP Ultimate/V-Power is the way to go IMO.

There was a big review done on all these not so long ago mapping a scooby to suit. The Tesco 99 actually came out on top.

I get better mileage and better responses with V Power. Tesco is there for emergencies.

Likewise there have been occasions where i've come close to needing to drop down to 95 for a splash and dash to get home. My car was mapped with V power in it but i wasn't sure what effect it would have if i ever had to put your regular supermarket stuff in does anybody know if you'd be able to tell driving?

Likewise there have been occasions where i've come close to needing to drop down to 95 for a splash and dash to get home. My car was mapped with V power in it but i wasn't sure what effect it would have if i ever had to put your regular supermarket stuff in does anybody know if you'd be able to tell driving?

Ive done this once, i was running out and went to Tesco, they had no 99ron so i had to put 95ron in (about £5)

I couldn't really tell

I've heard the Tesco 99 is basically a "cocktail" of stuff. BP Ultimate/V-Power is the way to go IMO.

BP Ultimate is very good i get nice response, engine cleaning and better fuel economy. not to mention Nectar Points !!:)

Go to the BP website and have a look there is a lot of info on there, then compare it to V-power then you can make an informed choice.

As far as i am aware Tesco fuels do not have cleaning additives in them just a higher RON.

I'm a firm believer that performance petrol engines should be run on high quality petrol. I use V-Power because it contains good additives that clean your injectors etc. Also, V-Power does not contain bioethanol like Tesco 99. :(

Tesco 99 is made up of 5% fermented sugar beet (bioethanol). The bioethanol content effectively raises the octane of the rest of the fuel and allows tesco to sell their product cheaper than the competition. :-s

There is also an ethical issue with supporting bioethanol production, as it uses arable land which would otherwise be used to grow other foods. This in turn causes the price of food to rise worldwide. :confused:

All of this information is available on the Internet. :smt024

This is my preference and experience.

1. BP Ultimate - Engine is noticeably more responsive and smoother
2. Shell V-Power - Engine is smoother and a tad more responsive
3. Texaco Standard 95 Ron - Engine seems more responsive
4. Tesco 99 Ron - Same as Texaco Standard 95 Ron

But I tend to stick with V-power most of the time because it's cheaper than BP ultimate, it's got cleaning properties and there's a shell near me. If BP ultimate was the same price as V-power with a garage near me, I would use them all the time. My EP3 just seems to like that stuff more imo.

Does anyone know if v-power is just optimax relabelled, i.e. they didn't change anything at all?

This is my preference and experience.

1. BP Ultimate - Engine is noticeably more responsive and smoother
2. Shell V-Power - Engine is smoother and a tad more responsive
3. Texaco Standard 95 Ron - Engine seems more responsive
4. Tesco 99 Ron - Same as Texaco Standard 95 Ron

But I tend to stick with V-power most of the time because it's cheaper than BP ultimate, it's got cleaning properties and there's a shell near me. If BP ultimate was the same price as V-power with a garage near me, I would use them all the time. My EP3 just seems to like that stuff more imo.

Does anyone know if v-power is just optimax relabelled, i.e. they didn't change anything at all?
I'm under the impression that V-power is 99 Ron. :D

Have you tried BP Ultimate 102. I tried a tank of it once. It cost £125 :eek:

Back