• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Valve Clearances

I have asked my mechanic friend who i use for all my servicing to do a full service for my EP3 & if he can do the valve clearance for me ect....

He text me saying the valves are hydraulic.......and doesnt think they need doing!

Im confused......

I have asked my mechanic friend who i use for all my servicing to do a full service for my EP3 & if he can do the valve clearance for me ect....

He text me saying the valves are hydraulic.......and doesnt think they need doing!

Im confused......

Find another mechanic :idea:

A Honda dealership possibly? They may not be cheap, seems to be around the £70 + VAT marker

I would use TGM but persuading the wife to let me take it there was a big NO NO!

Why?

They are cheaper & better than Honda its a no brainer....

Tell her with the money you save you'll but her something nice & you will still have a bit left over for yourself im sure...all the while being talked through everything TGM have done to your car if, anything needs doing at all.

The only problem i can see is you will have to get down there nice & early for tom to do the valve clearances as they need to be done stone cold.....

I recently sent my friends from work thier with thier CTR & they came back smiling from ear to ear they could not get over how cheap the service was over Honda, the best thing they said the advice from the mechanic & be able to see what was happenning to thier car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine done the other month a the main dealer 56 quid inc vat

That sounds good, you could have your friend do the service & go to Honda just for the valve clearances.

Although as Jordbalboa's post suggest prices may differ between dealerships...

Back