• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

VRS no.2

Neily03

Professional Hippy
Picking this up on Thursday;

307531_10150852492530333_906345332_21118583_694216626_n.jpg

Six months old with 9400 miles on it. Diesel Manual.

Can't wait! :twisted:

Just informed my insurance of the change of car and they've refunded me £26 for the remaining 5 months! :D

Less of a risk?

To be honest it is worth a lot more and you could probably do more damage in it! :oops:

What made you pick the VRS over some other cars Neil and what did you look at? Just curious.

Can see the big boot being advantageous with the mountain biking. :p

I take it that its good but, whats the engine like on these? size & power wise?

Cheeky remap for 200bhp? Leave hot hatches behind in a cloud of diseasel smoke. :lol:

What made you pick the VRS over some other cars Neil and what did you look at? Just curious.

I also looked at 2.2CDTI Accord Tourer and Subaru Legacy diesel estates, but I had my heart set on another Vrs, my Fabia was the best all-rounder i'ver ever had but was just too small.

Another plus is road tax is only £125 a year, much better than the Civic £260 and servicing every 20k miles or 2 years. :D

Whoa that's a bargain. I will keep my eye on this thread as I fear my future will be partly sensible. Having said that regardless I've always owned one type r or another since 2004!

Well after about 5 weeks of stress i'll be returning this to the dealer tomorrow and picking up and almost identical (albeit with a slightly better spec and lower mileage) replacement..... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
How come?

Three days after I got it while cleaning it I found the whole re-quarter had been resprayed despite the salesman telling me it had never had any repairs done on it (it was their demo).... So I took it back and after a 45 minute heated discussion they admitted it had been scratched last June so the rear quarter had been resprayed so I rejected it as "not as described", they finally got me a replacement last week from Skoda UK and it's then taken them 8 days to sort the paperwork out to do the swap.........

Glad you stood your ground and have received something better specced and lower mileage.

Back