• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

VW Polo problems

Now i know it isn't Honda or anything, though my mrs Polo keeps popping out of 1st when lifting clutch every now and again. Now it's a 1.2 58 plate so it's not exactly old and she hardly does any miles in it.

I've searched the forums and can only find problems with the GTi 1.4 gear box. She's got her service in sept, so i'll make sure she mentions it then and i guess anything found will be warranty, though i kind of want to find out the problem before we take it down.

Any ideas?

I can only think of a synchro' playing up or the selector mechanism being loose. Definitely a warranty job.

No fluid leaks or whining at all?

Not that i'm aware of fella no. I'll get her mention it at VW then. Seems like the gear boxes through the whole range of VW have niggles.:eek:

storry unless im missing something here mate its a 58 reg so under warranty right?

doesn't matter what it is as such, just get the motor upto VW and warrantied ASAP, longer it is bad it might cause problems to other components that may not be covered under warranty. eg as the miles go up they might say "oh thats wear and tear" gearbox went in my friends VW softtop, 08 reg. i dont know what model it is, its a little black thing. anyway it had only done 30K and they had to goto head office and legal action threaten to get it sorted under warranty in the end.

boxes are weak point on VW. my lodger had his go last week in his jeep 4x4 which uses the same engine box and running gear as VW golf mk5.

the amusing thing about his gearbox was it blew up right in the centre of wycombe, it was so loud he thought a bomb had gone off in one of the many terrorist home made hotspots.

Back