• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What cat back for ep3

Ive just bought a ep3 type r and was wondering what sort of cat back system i should get!
Im looking for something that sounds deep and gives good gains.
something that sounds decent when not in vetec, then when in vetec the sound to just blow you away.
ive herd the buddy club spec 3 catback system and quite like it but as i olny just got this car i wanna do everything right.

cheers :)

From what I can re-call, I think the spec3's have been discontinued so you'll have to scour the internet for a second hand one..

Use the search function mate, I would advise you do some reading before making a decision! The subject has been discussed at great length on the forum and there are varied opinions

Toda Manifold + RM01a is about perfect. Toda's catback had a reputation for cracking and doesn't fit well without a race manifold or JDM manifold. The RM01a will (like all JDM exhausts) require the bolt hole enlarging to fit an OEM manifold, but it's fine with it. If you want your car to pass it's MOT though you'll want either a JDM manifold or Mugen Manifold, but the Toda is the best mani for power gains I believe.

Note, I've owned a Toda mani, toda cat back, BC Spec III cat back, Fujitsubo RM01a and a JDM mani, so save yourself the hassle and go with the RM01a, I wish I had done sooner.

from what iv read people have said the rm01 is a quality system but can be restrictive, im currently running an n1 but is too loud for me so will be sourcing myself a toda cat back. cant say iv ever read of them cracking tbh though.

And who said the RM01A is restrictive? It's one of, if not the best flowing exhaust for the EP3 !

It's 60.5mm all the way through, which is fine for producing 250bhp on an ep3. (With the appropriate other parts too)

Back