• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

It’s been an eventful week for me and mine.

2 stage paint prep and ceramic coating at the weekend.

94ec6efdf4c14ad92b63d574598ce9bc.jpg

7336ef0cfa35147e6ca8887e76ccb3cf.jpg

cf3afd7c525eac0ac9b606f66ab75729.jpg

5e22e9138cca9f45f48b7b06045d813c.jpg

a3bcfb95c0a047530969f1e26c8b6040.jpg

Followed by a track day at Brands Hatch on Tuesday where I set a new PB of 56.3.

df1da83d6a3bba5d5610792908ef52d6.jpg

f0e888cd8e99b26adcb92d0ec9d1ce2f.jpg

8461267d347552c3a0c1089acbdaa0b1.jpg

05d934689089486fe6790b6f53cc6b50.jpg

289c492fa0a68cb4b729a5c59af92817.jpg

2f21c4b89b80fc0baa74e284e48adbed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I don’t know about the rest of you but all I did to my R yesterday was drive to Sainsbury’s to get some beers in for the match! He will be getting some tlc today to make up for it! :D

Bloody hell! Hope you’re ok! It was scary enough driving my car down Hard Knot pass never mind taking a tumble on Sca Fell. Nowt serious I hope!

Yes serious, been in hospital 5 days lots of injuries, fell around 30 metres, had to be airlifted out, was so lucky to be found. Had 3 ops so far with another to go. Hop to be out driving again in 3 months :(

Yes serious, been in hospital 5 days lots of injuries, fell around 30 metres, had to be airlifted out, was so lucky to be found. Had 3 ops so far with another to go. Hop to be out driving again in 3 months :(

Holy crap! Seriously, all the best, glad you're on the mend.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you’re back out in your R soon. Appreciate that the allure of those mountains is quite addictive.

Just like you do. :lol:

Like your attitude Matt, speedy recovery bud then you can get out again enjoying the car amongst other things. :smt023

Just one question, left or right hand?

geez man, just read this, bloomin' eck - definitely take care Matt, as you say plenty of R&R now, hopefully the forums can keep you well entertained in the meantime. especially over at the Chapmans arms on SELOC (although I suggest avoiding the politics section unless you are a sucker for more punishment :lol: )

It’s been an eventful week for me and mine.

2 stage paint prep and ceramic coating at the weekend.

Looks great. You did the application yourself I take it? Can you list your paint prep before hand? Also what wheels are they team dynamics?

Wishing Vtech a speedy recovery - At first I thought you said you fell off Scaffold and had spelt it wrong... :)

@VTECMattC - Get well soon mate!

@ FaNtheMaN - Thanks, the coating really makes the colour pop. And it shines even when really dirty. I do it mainly to keep the track **** off the paint. It really helps to stop rubber, tar, brake dust, fallout from sticking to the paint. Making it mush easier to wash after a track day.

I had a friend who runs his own detailing company do it for me, hes mustard and has all the fancy tools.

The process was a follows:

? APC & Pre wash with citrus foam/snow foam

? 2 bucket safe hand wash

? Decontamination using contamination sponge, followed by rinse after each stage.
- Tar & Glue remover
- Fallout
- Detailer Clay.

? Paintwork is then inspected for defects such as marring, holograms, swirls and random deep scratches (RDS).

? Paint correction/compound used to correct the scratches/marring/swirls

- Stage 1 compound to remove most defects including some RDS. Second pass of stage 1 compound

- Stage 2 compound including localised mark removal and deep scratch repair

? Panel wipe is then used to prep the paintwork

? CarPro CQUK Pro Version 3 Ceramic Polymer Paint protection applied

? Pain sealant with chemical/bird bomb/acid rain/salt protection applied.

Just like you do. :lol:

Like your attitude Matt, speedy recovery bud then you can get out again enjoying the car amongst other things. :smt023

Just one question, left or right hand?

My right hand, training left hand will take some time!

Discovered that some donkey had jacked the car up in the wrong places and crunched the side skirt.
Don't know when or who since I only just spotted it.
So treated her to a brand new shiny one from Cox!

Back