• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Booked in autoglass repair to replace/repair 3 small scratches on the drivers side window, not sure how the scratches got there, but I think its from parking somewhere!
Will see if they replace the glass or repair it, appointment is next week.

went to Macdonalds for a, er....salad at lunch, and in the Drive thru some lads were admiring my car and we had a little chat. It must have gone to my head as I lost all ability to steer round the corner to the paying booth and managed to kerb my alloy right in front of them much to everyone's 'oooouch' awkwardness... Its the same one with a bit more rash on from an earlier event, but still is like a dagger to the heart....

went to Macdonalds for a, er....salad at lunch, and in the Drive thru some lads were admiring my car and we had a little chat. It must have gone to my head as I lost all ability to steer round the corner to the paying booth and managed to kerb my alloy right in front of them much to everyone's 'oooouch' awkwardness... Its the same one with a bit more rash on from an earlier event, but still is like a dagger to the heart....
You couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs ass!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A bad day for things circle shaped, just got a rear drivers side puncture... I go the tyre pressure warning earlier, but then just reset it thinking it was the usual. Hour later, it felt a bit weird and sure enough flat as East Anglia with the offending nail looking at me...

The pump is very good, and sealant is holding up ok, but lucky I was ten mins from home and makes me want a space saver.

Can this day just run along please.

Despite appearing to park about 18 inches from any kerb I managed to kerb a front alloy last week trying to get a bit closer.
It's was an expensive sounding grating noise. It was light damage it was fairly obvious on the black wheel.
I'm now £80 lighter and going back to my 18 inch rule :)

(odd thing. Despite the car being bought new it didn't have a jack etc in the little section of the boot where it was supposed to be. The PDI report said it had been checked but it wasn't anywhere to be found. I even had to read the manual incase I was missing something. Dealer gave me another one out of a showroom car so no hassle but might have been a bit more awkward with a puncture or a bent wheel)

So the dealer gave you one even though the car doesn't come with one!:D gotta love the dealers knowledge of these cars...

migth try that on Tuesday as need a jack..

So it seems. I looked in the little hatch on the left hand side in the boot where I thought the jack should have been. Hey ho, guess I'm up on the deal :)

They've not come with jacks since the 9G. Bogo cars up to Type Rs, none of them have them.

Good luck finding a 22mm wheel brace that looks Honda OEM too. From a Legend maybe...

For Sale: Genuine Honda Civic Type R ( FK8 ) jack. Very (very, very, very) rare item. Manufactured from lightweight Unobtanium. Used once. Offers in the form of sealed envelopes containing bundles of used £5 notes invited. May part-exchange for a Unicorn Horn or something similarly rare.

1st service yesterday at 12months old and 7k ish miles. Only £15 for the loan car insurance - loving the service plan :D

1st service yesterday at 12months old and 7k ish miles. Only £15 for the loan car insurance - loving the service plan :D

Not sure if I spotted your wife in the fk8 last week, around half 5 sat at a side junction on Rockingham road, I gave a quick beep of the horn, was my first fk8 spot :)

Not sure if I spotted your wife in the fk8 last week, around half 5 sat at a side junction on Rockingham road, I gave a quick beep of the horn, was my first fk8 spot :)

Assuming sonic grey, yes, that would have been her on the nursery/holiday club run.

I've seen a red FK8 a couple of times on the B6047 near Tilton-on-the-Hill heading towards Mkt Harb in the morning but i wasn't in ours at the time :(. It's the only other one i have seen on the road in 12months.

It was sonic grey, I assumed it was yours but forgot to check the reg, caught me by surprise.

The red one could be the same my mate sent me a picture of parked in the three swans hotel carpark at the rear

Fitted the new mats. They didn’t come with the car on delivery.
“What do you mean “fitting kit””?
Oh my gawd, I have to cut the carpet! :eek:

Trev

Back