• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Did you ceramic coat your callipers Dweezle out of interest? I am petrified of my callipers degrading.....its my favourite feature!! No warranty claims on them I guess....

As far as I'm aware he did, I thought it was the coating that was peeling but the calliper colour underneath is a flat matt pinky red

Did you ceramic coat your callipers Dweezle out of interest? I am petrified of my callipers degrading.....its my favourite feature!! No warranty claims on them I guess....

Biggest danger to the calipers is brake fluid after changing it. It sits in the bleed nipples and then when hot runs down the sides starting the lacquer removal process. When you have the fluid changed roll a small amount of tissue and poke down the hole in the nipple and remove the excess. If the lacquer does start to go around the nipple lightly sand around the edge and apply some clear lacquer to slow the process as once it starts it will only get worse.

It's been reported by quite a few owners now,
I was a weekly washer had nearly a grands worth of detailing done and they still peeled, Honda brushed complaints off, Brembo basically said impossible.

I'm thinking in the future either eBay for a 2nd hand set and get those properly refurbished or sod the Brembos off totally

It's been reported by quite a few owners now,
I was a weekly washer had nearly a grands worth of detailing done and they still peeled, Honda brushed complaints off, Brembo basically said impossible.

I'm thinking in the future either eBay for a 2nd hand set and get those properly refurbished or sod the Brembos off totally

crazy talk! can you imagine being like a I30N with...I cant even bring myself to say it....'In House' brakes.... :lol: or a Golf R..... what peasants.

15.5 hours, 652 miles on utterly amazing roads, Penrith to Cairngowrns and back. The car was perfect, the biggest criticism I give this car is the size of the fuel tank, constantly seeking out petrol stations is a bore. Such a good car regardless of conditions I feel as comfortable driving the car fast in the wet as dry although I did find myself not using full throttle or taking to the redline and short shifting a lot, I think this is down to the fact you don't need to bang it off the limiter like Type R's of old. It does take some of the fun away but flatters you more as a driver. The tyres are pretty much done now, at just under 3300 road miles I think that is disappointing. Let's see what the Michelins are like as a comparison.

I had nearly 4K on my OEM tyres and thinking about what to replace them with.
It is sad that a £230 tyre lasted less than 6 months, I think the hot summer must have contributed as well as my I’ve got a new toy style of driving.
I have done just over 300 miles on my new Michelin 18” PS4’s it’s been plenty wet and I’m really happy with them.
There is a trade off going to 18’s, understeer is more apparent especially in the wet and the car has more roll BUT it’s still a fantastic car to drive and I don’t feel even slightly nervous throwing it around.
Not having to worry about every pot hole on the road is a great feeling, IMO 18” is the way to go with this car ymmv

4k??! You lot must have been pressing hard!! I got 8.5 out of mine... I almost feel ashamed...!

Ha Ha, are you managing to get 34 mpg or more from your Type R? LOL

All my tyres where still legal at 4K and I might have gotten to 8K ish with the rears but the fronts Nah!

I have had the RallyArmour mud flaps for over a week now but everytime I'm not at work and could fit them its been raining.
I bought them from Tarmac sports UK distributor for RallyArmor, ordered two days after they where released in USA had them 8 days later! Awesome service. cost £169

Reversed into a low wall, have popped the bumper off its rivet under the arch, caused much pant damage to the bumper either side and completely c0cked up the 'splitter' thingy.

Over all not a great day at the office. I am too gutted to post pictures.

Anyone know or take a stab at the cost of a new bumper!!? I have the smart repair but its a bit buckled.

Reversed into a low wall.
Nightmare! sorry to here this I really feel for you, good luck getting it sorted.
I had a slight issue with my rear defuser/splitter come away from bumper at one side, eventually got the dealer who I bought the car from to agree to fix it through my local Honda dealer they said rear bumper had to come off and refit it putting all clips back how they should be, it would cost £120 which they charged the original dealer.
Today I have fitted my RallyArmor mudflaps and when I took the rear protection panel off underneath the car on that side I see two *uck off big self tappers screwed through the splitter top into bottom of the bumper!
I feel like they should have explained this to me and I would not have minded now I feel like I cant trust them.
Anyway mudflaps should be considered by all owners of this car because......this looks like dirt but its actually small stone chips!

These flaps should defo come with black hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reversed into a low wall, have popped the bumper off its rivet under the arch, caused much pant damage to the bumper either side and completely c0cked up the 'splitter' thingy.

Over all not a great day at the office. I am too gutted to post pictures.

Anyone know or take a stab at the cost of a new bumper!!? I have the smart repair but its a bit buckled.

New bumpers are surprisingly cheap and colour coded

[video]MVI_0008.mov[/video] This site never works - most disappointing

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry not keen on the mud flaps or wheels are they 18's?

I noticed mine has gravel rash, going to add some protection film on.

Nightmare! sorry to here this I really feel for you, good luck getting it sorted.
I had a slight issue with my rear defuser/splitter come away from bumper at one side, eventually got the dealer who I bought the car from to agree to fix it through my local Honda dealer they said rear bumper had to come off and refit it putting all clips back how they should be, it would cost £120 which they charged the original dealer.
Today I have fitted my RallyArmor mudflaps and when I took the rear protection panel off underneath the car on that side I see two *uck off big self tappers screwed through the splitter top into bottom of the bumper!
I feel like they should have explained this to me and I would not have minded now I feel like I cant trust them.
Anyway mudflaps should be considered by all owners of this car because......

These flaps should defo come with black hardware.

Were these an easy fit? I’ve got those “Oh my gawd, my car is only a month old and I don’t want to start making holes in it” feelings!! :lol:

Trev

Were these an easy fit? I’ve got those “Oh my gawd, my car is only a month old and I don’t want to start making holes in it” feelings!! :lol:

Trev

I fitted them on the road outside my house, I didn't take any wheels off or jack it up, it was do able but not easy. If you enjoy tinkering you will be fine and if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me

Sorry not keen on the mud flaps or wheels are they 18's?

I noticed mine has gravel rash, going to add some protection film on.

I'm not sure protection film will stick there.
Yeah wheels are 18" team Dynamics 1.3
I have not put the wheels or mudflaps on the car for it to look better its just practical, I love the OEM wheels but there are so many potholes on my way to work it was a mega worry and was spoiling my love for the car, now I dont care so much.
Also my hobby is match fishing and a lot of the fisheries have gravel roads today was my first visit where the car didn't sound like it was being pebbledashed

Back