• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Yesterday I ordered a K&N replacement panel filter.....I am not sure if anyone has one already or had any experience?

It seemed to please the FK2 boys, so we shall see. I also bought a transformer badge to go next to the Civic badge - cos #chav.

The filter helps with turbo noise but its not as good as the fk2 one, but i still think it was worth buying

Isn't that the FK2 version or are they the exact same in size?

I think your right....but in my defence there is a listing for the 9th Gen Type R, and then the 2017 Type R Non US.....but they are probably the same as it explains why it wasn't fitting the US Air box which must be the same as ours...

Dam you K&N for confusing me!!

Looks like Pipercross it is!!!

Went to Dream today and had the pipercross fitted. First time there, some awesome stuff in and great service.

Didn't have high expectations of the noise but really pleased as there is now an audible 'pssst' from the dump valve which had me giggling away.....

Mod bug (yeah I know albeit a very small one) might have just bitten....!!!

Went to Dream today and had the pipercross fitted. First time there, some awesome stuff in and great service.

Didn't have high expectations of the noise but really pleased as there is now an audible 'pssst' from the dump valve which had me giggling away.....

Mod bug (yeah I know albeit a very small one) might have just bitten....!!!

Not seen anything from pipercross yet - weren't you tempted to wait for mishi/eventuri? Irrespective glad it's brought some drama to the car! It's what it has been waiting for!

Very tempted by the afore mentioned proper intakes str6 but at £35 (or a curry takeaway in man maths) I thought why not. Don't get me wrong you need the stereo off...and it's not going to be used in the next fast and furious as a sound effect, but adds a little extra. Plus, it may just be the placebo effect, but I am sure it feels keener...

Tim, it's the same filter just different shape for the 8.....are there horror stories then??

Gave the car a wash, full 2bm and snowfoam followed by topping up the coating with carpro reload. Tyres were also cleaned with Surfex hd and gyeon tyre.
89a73d262ead300ddd822e889411e20d.jpg
20efb4071f61b011326b92df825e9d95.jpg
173a95c834038cdec35f4424e76bc98f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They may have improved it since the original. I chose the K&N over the Pipercross originally because of the sagging reports. I use Pipercross on my Mini’s and they have always been brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I got an email from k&n saying the FK8 filter will be ready in 2-3 months for everyone's info......slow coaches

[video=youtube;GSAdkydXHuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSAdkydXHuY[/video]

Ha first ever video so no oscar noms yet, but you get the idea of new noise from panel filter

Back