• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

I have a high-end inkjet printer (9 ink, etc.) that makes a rhythmic ticking sound when in standby. I took it back to the dealer and complained; the dealer had it in their service centre for several days and said they couldn't hear anything, but gave me a new one anyway, that one ticks too. Sometimes the area where a device is being tested works against repairers/service-agents due to the noise of their environment.

The noise for me is loud enough that when the room is otherwise quiet I prefer to have music on rather than having that constant ticking :/

I'd check the underside of your office chair for explosives, just in case the missus is planning a large insurance payout :lol:

all this talk of mysterious squeaks has me recalling this
old 1990 TV advert for Volkswagen

Last edited by a moderator:
Before:-
6FB42C2D-3FCF-48A6-AE56-F5A995D178D9_zpsarr8hakj.jpg

After:-
B02BFA19-79A0-430F-9748-C0591B7F7BC8_zpsuldsvdju.jpg

The more money you spend the better quality you should expect. I never had these rattles at 25 grand so I was definitely not expecting them at 30 grand.
You cant buy a brand new car for 5 grand, but if you could I would not be expecting much in the way of build quality. :lol:
I agree that dealers can be quite useless at finding and fixing a rattle that the customer can hear all the time. :(

Trust me Ron I have very high expectations but I also live in a real mass produced world and after the FK2 (knocking on suspension that could not be located) a couple of dash rattles are minimal and a breeze to locate and cure and with how easy I cured these not worth the hassle moaning

Gave it a wash in nearly a month and the bottom skirts were still filthy! So gave them a quick waterless wash and used carpro reload to top up the coating. Gyeon tyre used for the wheels plus coated them with gyein watercoat.
Great products but will reserve my judgement on the tyre application

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Collected mine today, loving it, took it to Alston via Hartside, superb road for those that don't know, gave the brakes a good work out and bedded the engine in nicely, lots of gear changes using a wide range of revs at different times. Amazing amount of grip in the wet. Paul who sold the car put two Type R brochure and Type R baseball caps for the kids, nice touch. Kids at school loved it :D

Great car, look forward

Congrats! Is that your bedding in done then!? Like your attitude sir

Get the wheels sealed asap the salt and molten metal is eating the sh1t out of mine already!

Congrats! Is that your bedding in done then!? Like your attitude sir

Get the wheels sealed asap the salt and molten metal is eating the sh1t out of mine already!

Yup, I want to bed the brakes and engine in, i won't be using full revs until 500 miles though. Sealed the wheels at the dealers.

Gave mine a good 4 hour cleansing today. Bought some autofinesse iron contaminant remover and was amazed just how much contaminant was all over the car. It turns it pink on contact and then runs....car looked like raspberry ripple ice cream...!!!!!

I see this whole yellow light thing being quite popular but personally I hate it with a passion. Just makes me think of old cars with knackered lenses.

Obviously each to their own and I don't mean any offence; I just don't get it. What's the reason behind it?

I see this whole yellow light thing being quite popular but personally I hate it with a passion. Just makes me think of old cars with knackered lenses.

Obviously each to their own and I don't mean any offence; I just don't get it. What's the reason behind it?

It’s just an optional extra for Japan (Honda access)

They obviously look better IRL than in photos.

3b614ffb7ec3ec517b548bba6a88b14e.jpg

Back