• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

No TypeRiter - I picked it up second hand - six months old and with 9,000 on the clock in October 2002. It is my first car hence a lot of hard earned and graft went into its straight purchase. CTRs were a rare find at the start of the decade and I was after a NHB one but the silver looked great and it was in good nick despite the higher than average mileage. It also has the OEM MiniDisc player... ;)

I'm very much of the mind-set of work hard and take care of the things you have worked hard for. I've only had minor problems with the CTR - it has been a lot more reliable than expected and it still gives me the sense of occasion when tootling about. :D

Glad to hear it. Reassuring to know it's been problem-free motoring :cool: I hope I can boast the same account, when it comes to a similar period of time, ownership-wise/time to change cars, as I've waited a long time for an EP3, and I've got one, finally - even if the thieves intervened momentarily.. fcukers.

I hear you on the graft - I had done that to get an EP3 myself, but I gave into a good deal on an FN2 (Not sure whether you're aware of the fact that I had an FN2 before my Prem) thinking that, that money would see me tidy on a new car, a new plate, associated perks, hassle-free etc. etc. I regretted it a month into taking delivery, lost a lot of money as you do with depreciation on brand new cars etc. etc. - and to cap it off, got pangs of jealousy everytime I saw an EP whiz by. It's where I wanted to be, it's the Type-R ownership I wanted - so I just gave it back incurring massive losses - like straight 'EP3 buyout money' losses, - I shouldn't have fanny'd around in the first place...

Anyway... water. under. bridge. et al..

In regard to the OEM MiniDisc player, like I said - veteran tenure matey, don't know of anyone else whom can boast that... definitely unique.

Satin's are nice - I would have waited for a NHB personally... 'ang on.. :smt047

Last edited by a moderator:
Raj- good to hear your R is still going strong and hope you are good and well 8) I still wish I had mine :'(

You know you are always allowed the keys Gary. ;) :cool:

I'm sound. Busy doing extra studies and have gone back to university to gain a new skill that is still rare in the pharmacy profession (independent prescribing). My house is still standing and the Family are in good health.

I trust the Family are safe and sound Gary. One day, I will join the club and the car will have to go (I think). But there is nothing better than being a Dad. I see how my friends are - tired and sometimes fraught - but ever so happy.

TypeRiter.
I know of your perils with the FN2 then the EP3. A time laced with worry and anger. I'm happy that things got sorted. Many a story we have heard of cars going missing and appearing cremated or suffering from terminal GBH. Enjoy the ownership. :)

04 Preface (registered in Nov i think) just passed 36,000. I am the 4th owner. Had it just over 2 years and had about 22-23k when i bought it.

Update for mine, Registered October 2001, just a tad over 55,500. Not bad for 9 1/2 years old.

Hope i have it for aslong as some of you guys have been talking about, but doubt it with the age..... we will see....

Back