• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

I didn't realise that! I though it was more closely monitored and policed, like you say through that computer system, so is there anyway to find the genuine mileage of a vehicle? HPI check etc? I suppose the only real way to combat it would be to be absolutely certain of a cars history before you buy it... :S

few ways. if you do a full HPI check rather than the cheaper "mytxtcheck" jobs then they go and check the mileage that main dealers have entered when the vehicle came in for a service. usually the first owner or two are the only ones who service at a main dealer so once it has been passed down that goes out the window. the other thing you can do is read that motinfo site and that brings all MOT info up since they got computerised mid 2000's, so you'll have back to about 2005.

issue with the mot info is of course if the car is under 3 years old it won't have an MOT. and an ex company car hack that wasn't serviced at main dealers due to the lease it was on won't show up on the mileage register.

if you had bought a new car that you were using for heavy use, like 30-40k a year you could buy a mileage correction tool off of ebay and then drive the car about for 12 months and stick 40k on the clock, then wind it back to 15k and have it serviced, stick another 30k on next year, wind it back to 25k. p/x it in and no one is the wiser about your 80,000 mile heap.

yeah good point, i will definately be getting a full HPI check on the next car i buy... i do like my type R and enjoy it but i think i rushed into buying it, wish i had of shopped around and took my time a bit more as i could have gotten a better one for the money, just done an MOT history check on my motor and luckily the mileage seems to be in order, it is good info to see past MOT's though.

then some poor unwitting customer is going to buy that car with its 80,000k on the clock thinking its only done 25,000k and have no end of trouble with it no doubt! how do those people sleep at night :S

i think were going off on a bit of a tangent here... a new thread should be created :) 'how to avoid dodgy motors' lol

just out of interest how much would my CTR be worth people?

its a NHB 54 reg (2004), 62,000 miles, part service history ( 1 stamp missing ), cat d, a/c?

Isnt it like 1/3rd of the value off for it being CAT D? Then im not sure about the servicing stamps, but i know it would put me off.

hmm okay will try work that out then from an online valuation... yes the stamp missing is somewhat annoying, it think its because the vehicle was unused for some time which is reflected in the MOT history and the owner at the time obviously didnt realise Servicing is done on a time basis and not only mileage.. muppet! cheers pal

Well thats a different circumstance, just explain to the buyer. Depending if their anal about it then they might see sense.

Well I don't think the clutch will hold out for the big 200,000 as the car is slipping out of gear whenever it wants lol

Well I'm a few thousand miles short of 200k and I'm still using the original clutch.

What an amazing car this has been for the past 8 years!

Last service was some 110k miles ago. Not bad.

Well I'm a few thousand miles short of 200k and I'm still using the original clutch.

What an amazing car this has been for the past 8 years!

Last service was some 110k miles ago. Not bad.

Thats incredible! I take it thats mainly motorway driving for the clutch to have lasted so long?

When you say last serviced 110k miles ago, does that mean nothing at all?!

All I do is an oil change every 20,000 miles or so and I check oil levels once a week and to pup when required. I did have transmission fluids changed at about 150k as well as spark plugs. I get them changed every 75k lol.

Yes mainly motorway mileage cruising at 80ish. I get about 320-360 miles to a tank of fuel. I still use v-tec as much as I did when the car was younger, which is alot! The engine is a little noisy and the gear change isn't what you would call smooth.

I haven't washed the outside of the car for more than 15 months now. I'll get it washed this weekend I think.

The car is getting old and I should really buy a new one but to tell the truth I don't want a new one yet and this is so reliable. Honda must have taken special care with 11950.

All I do is an oil change every 20,000 miles or so and I check oil levels once a week and to pup when required. I did have transmission fluids changed at about 150k as well as spark plugs. I get them changed every 75k lol.

Yes mainly motorway mileage cruising at 80ish. I get about 320-360 miles to a tank of fuel. I still use v-tec as much as I did when the car was younger, which is alot! The engine is a little noisy and the gear change isn't what you would call smooth.

I haven't washed the outside of the car for more than 15 months now. I'll get it washed this weekend I think.

The car is getting old and I should really buy a new one but to tell the truth I don't want a new one yet and this is so reliable. Honda must have taken special care with 11950.
You definately got a good one there mate. Let everyone know when the big 200k arrives.
Give it a wash and post a couple of pics up,i would love to see how it looks after your regular 15 monthly wash routines!!!

Back