• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What to use to polish/wax

cheers monkey, thats cleared that up for me. i thought the sealant would act like a wax though?

haha cheers ben, HD wax??? what is this? hmmmm worth a looking into. can it be bought in halfrauds? 3 for 2 so the missus wont kill me for buying it and not her anniversary card

Mate, the sealant will do exactly that, seal in the freshly polished & nice shiny paint.
Wax will prolong the finish & protect the paint to a degree.

so once i have applied this wax, say my car gets dirty after a week and i need to wash it again, then whats the process, do i have to apply the HD wax again because the sponge would have wiped it all off? lol sorry i keep asking but i havent ever gone this far into car care, mainly just polishing

so once i have applied this wax, say my car gets dirty after a week and i need to wash it again, then whats the process, do i have to apply the HD wax again because the sponge would have wiped it all off? lol sorry i keep asking but i havent ever gone this far into car care, mainly just polishing

Nah, just wash it carefully with a mitt, and nicely lubed uop shampoo, and it won't do any damage.

Wax every time you feel like it, normally a couple of months apart.

is there anyone have any comments on auto glym cleaning product range? I was planning to a full set for my ep3. Does anybody know how much they cost?

You can buy a big pack, but I wouldn't suggest it if I'm honest. There are a few cack AG products. I personaly hate the tyre shine. It's terrible.

You can buy a big pack, but I wouldn't suggest it if I'm honest. There are a few cack AG products. I personaly hate the tyre shine. It's terrible.

Hate, why mate? Is it not the type of finish you like or something, to expensive or just a preference thing? What do you use for tyres. I prefer the matt look personaly and all I do is apply quite liberaly and gently wipe the excess off. Lasts even after wash's. I get two or three proper uses out of AG and only apply every three to four weeks. I give them a little squirt after a wash though just so I know there is a fresh layer, although most times it don't need it.

Just realised, tyre shine. Is that different to the tyre dresser?

im an AG whore and use all of their products, find them easy to use and easy to buy (quick stop at halfrauds 3 for 2) the only one i dont use is their tyre slick, try the megs one its a purple gel, lasts a while after a few treatments

The extra gloss protection is now a wax it's used to give a deeper shine and extra layer as such. I own a valeting/detailing business and I use ag srp ag high definition wax and the detailing work I use swissvax which is a wax handmade. Downside is it's abit pricey but get very good results my brother is the Monaco detailer on detailing world if you want to see the product in action look for the Monaco thread!

I do like a bit of AG Super Resin Polish - and the High Def Wax.

Spent a lot on Meguiars Products recently, whilst the majoirty are brill - can't say I like the Gold Class Liquid Wax - perhaps it's me (likely) But it's like the conditions (cool car/no sunglight/great buffing cloth etc. etc.) need to be strictly perfect to get the best finish with that wax. Otherwise, it seems to dry to quickly and leaves me with like Tennis Elbow, and a Cricketers shoulder, and that's just giving the spoiler a once over :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back