• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's my car worth?

I want to sell it with all the mods on and including all the standard bits ive taken off..... it has about 50k on the clock couple on dings on passengers side and the usual bonnet and front bumper stone chips

I would love 13k for it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fitted
JDM Wind Deflectors
JDM Door Sills
JDM Badge
Fujitsubo RM01- A Catback
AEM CAI
TP Earthing kit
Spoon Rad Cap
Spoon Oil Cap
Spoon Socks
Tannabe Front Strut
Spoon Rear Strut
OZ Superleggras
Rear Tints
Toyo Proxes
Ferrado DS2500 Front Pads
DRE Shift Light
PIAA Silicone Wipers
Tein S-Tech Springs
Front and Rear Adjustable Camber Bolts
Fast Road setup
Various stickers :lol:
JDM Mats
Engine Start button
Spoon Gear knob
Type R Tax disc holder

To be fitted
JDM Rear Anti Roll bar
Tarox G88 Front brake discs
Goodridge brake hoses
Type R Fire Extinguisher
Replica Mugen front grill

P1260100.jpg

P1260101.jpg

P1260115.jpg

P1260114.jpg

P1260107.jpg

P1260106.jpg

P1260104.jpg

P1260105.jpg

P1260102.jpg

P1260113.jpg

P1260112.jpg

P1260108.jpg

P1260109.jpg

P1260110.jpg

Very nice clean looking car, best in black 8)

If you do strip and sell the parts- can i have first dibs :wink:

Doubt you'll get 13k for it without stripping the mods and selling them seperately.

I only paid 14k for a 2005 54 plate with 6k on in Feb... admittedly standard, but you never get back anywhere near the value of mods when it come to sale time.

If you do sell your mods, I'll take the JDM Rear Anti Roll bar, Tarox G88 Front brake discs, Goodridge brake hoses and TP earthing kit off your hands ;)

Ultim8_Evil said:
If you do sell your mods, I'll take the JDM Rear Anti Roll bar, Tarox G88 Front brake discs, Goodridge brake hoses and TP earthing kit off your hands ;)

and ill have the replica mugen grille :wink: :p

Sell it as standard m8, it would appeal to a wider market. Plus you would make more money cos I doubt you will get 13k for it.

I thought you were asking a bit much but then I realised that you have spoon socks :lol: :wink:

I thought you was asking a bit much too.. but then I realised that you would get more if you sold me the Tanabe front strut brace. 8) :lol:

For what its worth, I echo what everyone has said here about removing the mods and selling them separately. As a private sale with that sort of mileage you would be looking close the the £9750 - £10,000 mark (you are nearly 20k miles over the average book miles).

With the mods on it some people would say its worth less, again because of the mileage. Modifications do not add value to an object that naturally depreciates.

As a part ex a dealer will pay more for a standard car over a modified one, sometimes as much as £1000 more depending on the severity of the mods.

Zeff on here has his 04 up for sale here with air con and fogs and I think its realistically priced at £10,750 based on the average miles its done.

Not flaming your original post here though fella, just hopefully throwing a few pointers your way so you get the most possible for your car and don't end up with people making stupid offers for it. Set your stall out about the £10k mark standard and be prepared to maybe accept a touch less. 8)

£13k, not a chance - you can buy a pre reg, delivery mileage premier for just under £15k!!! Obviously thats if there are any left! :lol: :wink:

Good luck though if you do choose to sell up. Be a shame that yet another one is going. :(

Cheers fella. Yeah I sort of knew that 10-11 k is prob the very best I can hope for it but as I paid 13k for it only 1 year ago I was pretty gutted of how much it has depreciated!!!

Going to out it back to standard very soon and see if I can't make about 11k for the car and mods combined.

Thanks everybody for their replies!

Harvey said:
Cheers fella. Yeah I sort of knew that 10-11 k is prob the very best I can hope for it but as I paid 13k for it only 1 year ago I was pretty gutted of how much it has depreciated!!!

Going to out it back to standard very soon and see if I can't make about 11k for the car and mods combined.

Thats realistic to aim for fella. As for depreciation, its only been the last 4 - 6 months that the prices have really dropped on them. beginning of the year, dealers where paying good money for used cars but then the market reached a saturation point and prices had to drop. That and the fact that all these pre reg cars were filtering through to the dealer network. bad timing there mate. :(

MikeyG said:
Harvey said:

Thats realistic to aim for fella. As for depreciation, its only been the last 4 - 6 months that the prices have really dropped on them. beginning of the year, dealers where paying good money for used cars but then the market reached a saturation point and prices had to drop. That and the fact that all these pre reg cars were filtering through to the dealer network. bad timing there mate. :(

Do you think it will even itself out soon or will we be looking at quite big drops?

zeffania said:
MikeyG said:
Harvey said:

Do you think it will even itself out soon or will we be looking at quite big drops?

I reckon it will drop even more as soon as the new CTR comes out, regardless of how good or bad it is. That’s the reason I want get rid of it before xmas if possible.

Pain in the arse putting it back to standard though :(

zeffania said:
MikeyG said:
Harvey said:

I reckon they will be steady monthly drops. Values have dropped between £200 and £400 a month in the trade on facelift Type R's, more if they are without Air Con. Pre facelifts have dropped too but not by the same big amounts.

Back