• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which LSD

Which LSD is the best for the EP3, i had one in my old car and miss it, the car will be used on road and track

I dont want a oem diff really, seen kaaz, quaife, spoon and wavetrac

what others is there which are good

Quaife and Wavetrac are well mannered on the road and better than OEM, Spoon and Kaaz diffs are clunky at low speeds, but better on track and need more maintenance than the Quaife and Wavetrac.

I will be using the car on weekends as i have works van, and using r888 tyres, what do you have to do o kaaz and spoon?, is there any others which are good on street and track

I will be using the car on weekends as i have works van, and using r888 tyres, what do you have to do o kaaz and spoon?, is there any others which are good on street and track

I have the spoon and it works very well on track and for me is fine on the road. I cover about 18k a year in it and its been fitted for 2.5 years now with no problems.

I think the spoon the and kaaz are actually the same just rebranded.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is kaaz, and are they plate type? Is quaife gears

Spoon/kazz are clutch type and quaife is helical.

I think I paid around £1300 for mine which included diff, fitting and new clutch, I would imagine the kazz would be similar.

Jumping on the bandwagon here, I've been considering (when money permits) to get a J's Racing LSD, would anyone know anything about these and whether they are a good buy? Also, is it beneficial to get a new clutch etc at the same time?

Jumping on the bandwagon here, I've been considering (when money permits) to get a J's Racing LSD, would anyone know anything about these and whether they are a good buy? Also, is it beneficial to get a new clutch etc at the same time?

J's diff is a plate diff. Would be better getting a Kaaz or Spoon plate diff, at least service parts are available, and the performance difference between the 3 is going to be bugger all.

If you don't intend on tracking the car, and be honest, then don't bother getting a plate diff as they aren't as streetable as a Quaife or Wavetrac.

J's diff is a plate diff. Would be better getting a Kaaz or Spoon plate diff, at least service parts are available, and the performance difference between the 3 is going to be bugger all.

If you don't intend on tracking the car, and be honest, then don't bother getting a plate diff as they aren't as streetable as a Quaife or Wavetrac.

Would there be issues getting the LSD to work right on the street then? Or is it a case of they work best when being used hard (ie track)?
And in all honesty, I won't be tracking it as I'd never forgive myself if I spanked it so I pay to use the tracks cars instead :)

Back