• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which oil shall i buy???

Ok so i know there is a review page on here by the oilman but i want your opinions!
i have a 2003 pre face lift CTR. 228bhp .... which oil shall i buy as will need a top up soon!
thanks ;)

silkolene pro s 5w 40 is quality. it is rather pricey but i hardly have to top up between changes of 6000 miles.

He sells it all, if you look at his website you get discount for being on this forum, there is no where else to buy oil from tbh.

Dotty, got to say i love ur type r! white is defo the best colour!
ideal... what discount does he award us? tah

Hold out for an awesome offer mate, that's if there's not currently one going?

Sign up as a member under TRO, and you get 10% ish iff anyway, then the offers he offers will bump it even higher :)

Don't listen to dealers, that oil is too thin.

Listen to the people in this thread and get Silkolene 5W40 from Oilman and stop being so naive.

FFS just listen to what has been posted.

*Slams fist*

Don't do a beer battered, we give advice and then you ignore what we say.

5W40 silkolene pro-S has been used in my Type R's for the last 3-4 years.

:evil::evil::evil:

FFS just listen to what has been posted.

*Slams fist*

Don't do a beer battered, we give advice and then you ignore what we say.

5W40 silkolene pro-S has been used in my Type R's for the last 3-4 years.

:evil::evil::evil:

I am listening!!!!!! i just rang them for a price and he told me otherwise! was using your knowledge to confirm what i should do!
Slamming your fist after i said how nice you car was :( ... thanks for the advice tho!

It is quite straight forward though :D

It is good quality oil that the K20 (our engine) benefits from. If you do not want to buy it I would also highly recommend Shell Helix ultra 5W40 (pictured) as that is also very good oil (available from shell petrol stations. Given the choice though I would always use Silkolene Pro S 5w40

p1210120he0.jpg

Back