• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

which spark plugs?

HI! im just about to get all the parts to service my EP3 but wondering which spark plugs to go for. i phoned honda and they quoted me £16 per plug then rang halfords and they quoted me £20.99 for the 4. considering they put my registration in the computer and these were the spark plugs that came up for my car im wondering is this right? they also said that these were 4 electrode plugs or something along those lines lol. Please Help
Dano

The Honda one's are good; made by Bosch.

I use the NGK Laser Iridium's - can pick a pack of 4 up for abut £40.

the 4 prong electrodes are a bit of a gimmick really, they do even out the wear a little and will subsequently last longer but to really get the benefit out of them you need to clean them rather than replace them. Bosch super 4's they're called. I run them in my mini, they do nothing for me.

I had some Halo plugs in my old Celica, i think they're around £50 for a set but they seemed to be better (by as much as you can tell from sparks) than the NGK's that were in before

I'm in halfords atm mate buying sparks lol. Will do as soon as I'm back. Thanks again mate

ok. i went and got myself the Bosch super 4's. Can anyone recommend them or had an experiance with them?

that i have the reciept and they are unopened :)

Haha, you got a point there :)

Anyway, those spark plugs you bought, are they the 4 point type?
I ran them on my previous car, the 90hp EP1. Did no difference in performance, perhaps a little smoother idle...

However, after a little search, I found either Spoon, Greddy,... use 1 point irridium spark plugs.
The Greddy's are regular NGK's, just printed Greddy on them, doubling their value (they even forget to wipe the NGK markings)
And if I'm not wrong, the Spoon sports are Denso's, I'm not sure on this but it's highly likely.

To conclude, before I had a car, in a previous life, I used to drive high performance two stroke scooters (50cc - 70cc - 80cc) and the commonly praised spark plug was Denso, as it was fail proof on long usage of high rpm. (13.500rpm and over continiously)
If I'd had to buy sparkplugs, they would be either NGK or denso singlepoint iridiums, and no way some spoon or greddy markings will make it run better ;)

Just had the plugs changed over in my car. Got them from Opie Oils.
I went for the Denso Iridium Tough SKU:VK22 (4Pack), cost £37.58 + VAT and I got free delivery on them.
Give them a call, worth doing as they have other plugs they can suggest.
Hope this helps.

Just had the plugs changed over in my car. Got them from Opie Oils.
I went for the Denso Iridium Tough SKU:VK22 (4Pack), cost £37.58 + VAT and I got free delivery on them.
Give them a call, worth doing as they have other plugs they can suggest.
Hope this helps.

Cheers dude.

i put the bosch super 4's in mine and its running pretty sweet. cant complain for a set of spark plugs for £12 (<3 trade discount) lol

Any different in the engine? Better idle, better throttle response? Anything... ? Probably nothing we can feel I guess.
It does idle better and it does deliver the power smoother, but then again I did also have my valve clearance looked at.

Back