• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which VOLK TE37 for EP3?

I know it's 17x7.5, but what is the PCD and offset?

Size PCD Offset
17x7.5 5x100 48
17x7.5 5x114.3 50,30,40,48

I don't know what PCD is but I assume 5xsomething means 5 holes?

I saw some on Unit8, are they really £400+ per wheel? :shock:

The original offset is 45 so you will need the closest one to that as possible. The PCD is 5x114.3 (Its the measurment of where the holes are located as far as I am aware)

Yep they are that expensive which is why I went for KEI, look the same but I got my set for less than 1 wheel :lol: The quality is second to none though

Carl

I am sure you'd want 114.3 which is the PCD (PCD is the distance from the centre of the bolts from the centre of the wheel...) as for offset I thought ours was ET45? So as close as poss I am asuming will be 48.

The CTR is ET45 5x114.3

if you get ET48 you can correct it with 3mm spacers but I dont thing they are really needed.

I thought the smaller the offset the closer it was inside the wheel arch ?

Mine are ET43 so my understanding was if they were under you could use spacers to correct it, if they were over you couldn't ?

Carl

N77 said:
I thought the smaller the offset the closer it was inside the wheel arch ?

Mine are ET43 so my understanding was if they were under you could use spacers to correct it, if they were over you couldn't ?

Carl

AFAIK its the other way round.

offset.gif

kamion said:
So an ET40 would be better than ET48? (That is if we go by Funky's description).

You would be better off getting ET48 and using 3mm spacers (ET48-3=ET45). If I am correct, but I think I am. PM Eurosport he will be able to give you a definate answer.

N77 said:
The original offset is 45 so you will need the closest one to that as possible. The PCD is 5x114.3 (Its the measurment of where the holes are located as far as I am aware)

Yep they are that expensive which is why I went for KEI, look the same but I got my set for less than 1 wheel :lol: The quality is second to none though

Carl

Velocity's look like the CE28N,

The TE37 are these ones:

volk_te37goldpl.png

Did anyone get a definate answers to the off set. I thought 48 would make the wheel closer to the outside of the car and a 43 would make the wheel closer to the suspension strut.

Friendy said:
Did anyone get a definate answers to the off set. I thought 48 would make the wheel closer to the outside of the car and a 43 would make the wheel closer to the suspension strut.

No, i clearly remember back in my Vauxhall days of them having 49mm offset. Those wheels were very close to the hub so the larger the number then the further into the car the wheel sits. :D

Smaller the number the further out is what i knew.

I had ET37 OZ's on mine, and they stuck further out.

I now have ET45 Rota Grids (Like the Volks your on about)

CTR offset is ET45

ET48 will make it closer to the suspension strut.
ET42 would make it closer to the outside wheel arch.

hovblackctr said:
CTR offset is ET45

ET48 will make it closer to the suspension strut.
ET42 would make it closer to the outside wheel arch.

cheers mate, want to come further away from the strut.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

I think:

with ET40, it will over extend outside the wheel arch by 5mm and have more inside clearance
with ET48, it will retract from the outside wheel arch by 3mm and have less inside clearance

So, with ET48 you can correct with 3mm spacers to make it the same, but you cannot correct ET40.

Therefore, the correct choice should be ET48 with 3mm spacers.

(Some one please correct me if I'm wrong.) :)

Back