• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wicked Sounds but have disco lights at the front of the car.

Looking for help,, I have a decent sound system in the car but one problem whenever the sub kicks in for a heavy bass note the front head lights dim and I have had situations where it looks like a disco at the front of the motor :-(. I have been trying to look into what can be done i.e earthing kit in the engine bay or earthing the amp back to the battery instead of earthing it to the chasis but am not able to find any conclusive answers keep getting lots of ifs and buts, has any1 else had this prob and if so what did u guys do to get this sorted?

Thanks for your help guys.

Upgrade the earths in the engine bay. Earthing kit won't do an awful lot tbh, you need some proper meaty cable (2 or 0 awg I'd say). Basically you need to do The Big 3 at the very least, the OEM Honda wiring is very poor.

Beyond that you're looking at upgraded batteries & alternators.

can you give more info on your setup, i.e. total amps you have, what gauge are the cables running, standard battery, etc

i have a nice setup and dont get this problem at all and i'm using the standard battery and alternator.

One thing to note, i have HIDs so i dont notice the lights dimming, but when i had halogens, i can see them dim.

Still a new battery would be better but depends on if you can live with it.

run hids my car used to dim the lights when u put the windows up but that stopped once i fitted them

a capacitor might fix the ICE problem, but the electrics on the EP3 in general aint that great anyway.

before i modded mine, my halogen head lights use to dim when i have the heaters on, or fans slows down when i have my finger on the windows down/up button.

I have an earthing kit too but it only helps it, i'd say a bigger meaty battery will do. I'm livingn with mine at the mo and it doesnt annoy me anymore, left the interior light on for 4 hours and car started up fine, so guess my battery is not knackered yet lol

Back