• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Window Tints

Was wondering what peoples views are on window tinting? Am thinking about getting my rear windows done, am not sure if to just have the rears tinted or if to have both the front and rear windows done?

I've had all of my windows tinted on all of my cars, getting a little bored of the look TBH, but as my premier came with the rears done anyway I did the fronts also.

But only as dark at legality allowed, previous cars had illegal tints all over, not silly dark, smart dark.

Keeps the car a fair amount cooler in the summer and adds a extra bit of security to whats in the car.

I am most likely going to get the rear windows done a fairly dark shade as I think that this is a good look for a red civic, I am just unsure if to get the front windows tinted too, I cant decide if it looks better to have all over tints or just rear ones

I'd only get the rear ones done, the fronts will almost always end up illegal.

What's the legal limit for front windows, I thought you couldnt have anything unless it came out of the factory like it??

Indeed, most come out of the factory with around 25 to 30% tint already so no leeway on the fronts really. Doing rears only can look okay if you don't go too dark, the rears on my S15 are done as standard and it looks pretty good, though the rear side windows are quite small anyway so it's not hugely obvious. First car I've had with tints and I'm liking the privicy and cooler interior :)

I am most likely going to get the rear windows done a fairly dark shade as I think that this is a good look for a red civic, I am just unsure if to get the front windows tinted too, I cant decide if it looks better to have all over tints or just rear ones

I think just the rears will look super on the Milano. If you don't get used to it after a few days, then consider getting the fronts done. Maybe even go light all round so its even at least, and you get no hassle you cant deal with. I know these are personal tastes but IMO different shades just don't go on most vehicles.
Problem if you go dark is, and this depends on how often and where you drive the car, it will only be a matter of time before you get SirMrPcPlop telling you unless you remove that illegal film from your front windows sir, you will leave me no option but to issue you with £60 fine and, for good measure, three penalty points too so you can remember me!
I once asked if I could drive home with my windows open and have them removed tomorrow as I had no clue how! He helped himself and said there you go, you can finish it off now. Oh, is that's how its done.....Had to rip the top half of both fronts(was telling my girl to be leaning over, winking and all sorts but nothing was working:( ).

It is a little cooler in summer and a little more secure but all Type R's Have beautiful cabins so there is no need to hide them!

Thanks for the advice, I think I will get the just the rears done for now as it will look good and I dont want to run the risk of illegally tinting the front windows and getting into trouble with the police

Thanks for the advice, I think I will get the just the rears done for now as it will look good and I dont want to run the risk of illegally tinting the front windows and getting into trouble with the police

Good call, you can just look at the premiers to see what it will look like.

Back