• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Winter PSI Parada's 205/45

I usually run 32PSI all round, but with winter now upon us would it be a good idea to drop to 30PSI all round?
My reasoning is grip/traction should be improved and therefore overall safety. If money was no object I would invest in some winter tyres, but with Christmas on the horizon this ain't going to happen.
Should add that I don't drive like a pillock in bad road conditions, but with all the wet/greasy roads that have been about over the last few weeks I've struggled for grip on a few occasions. Have loads of tread left (5mm- front & 6mm rear). At least the Parada's are a damn sight better than the RE40's in similar conditions. Those thing were down right dangerous!
Any advice would be welcome.

It'll be fine at standard pressures. As long as you adjust your driving to suit then you'll be fine. Of course if it has been snowing and you have to drive then lowering the pressure by a couple of PSI will help slightly.

Might give it a go at 30PSI can always go back to 32PSI if needs be.
I've been thinking that my slippery moments might have been down to diesel on the road, because it's only happened very occasionally and at low speed as I drive sensibly to suite the road conditions. It's always the same stretch of road as well, which is often used by tractors and alike.
Hopefully the heavy downpour last night will have washed it away. I've been using the Parada's for two years now and never had a problem before.
I will see....

Traction control is the right foot. Leave extra braking distances at this time of year too.

Roads are greasy here. A lot of fine surface mud and oil being rinsed about with the rain. Drive safely.

Back