• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Winter Tyres

I had to use the type R today as the wife was nervous of taking it in the current conditions.... she took my Michelin Aplin equipped Merc C350e and I got the mad honda....

Admittedly the roads were treacherous this morning, however, wheelspin and T/C intervention at 35mph in 5th when touching the throttle suggests something needs to be done.

A quick google suggests seriously limited availability of winter rubber in 245/30 ZR 20 sizes. I could only find Pirelli SottoZero Serie 3.

Has anyone fitted winter tyres to their FK8 yet? Did you use standard alloys/sizes? Do the 19" FK2 alloys fit? I would prefer OEM alloy wheels but any suggestion greatly appreciated.

FK2 is a direct fit,
I didn't venture out Monday due to the snow but the car coped the rest of the week on standards.
Lads at work reported severe black ice your way yesterday so winters wouldn't be a bad investment

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like winter tyres for the 20" alloys aren't really an option. Just had a quote of £470ea for the Pirelli option :eek:

What size tyres do the FK2 alloys take? Are they 235/35 R19?

Are the brakes the same size fk2 to fk8, I'm thinking of buying a second set and usually brake size is the restriction.

Back