• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

With all the civic thefts.....

...has anyone been out and got extra security on their CTR?

Its a worrying time...early hours of friday morning after dropping my girlfriend off, i had 5 police cars pounce on me :shock: checking the details of the car over.... now this is nice to know that they are after CTR's...but then it does feel like im being watched all the time!! :( :-( :sad:

Maybe it was cos of your shiney bald head of your! lol

On a serious note, that would be scarey! Ive got a tracker fitted mines.

The alarm on the CTR is very good.

If you are worried either upgrade the alarm for a Clifford or get a Blackjax installed.

or clamp the car down when u home at night!

To be honest, there's nothing wrong with your current alarm. If they haven't got your keys, your not likely to lose your car. A mechanical steering lock will also help but if they really want it they will tow it away or mug you for your keys.

Sleep well :wink:

I don't think extra security is required for the car.

Good locks and a good alarm should help you sleep safe at night.

A garage would also help.

Hide the keys when indoors and make sure there is nobody in close proxomity when you unlock it.

Keep the doors locked when driving about and basically keep your wits about you and use common sense when on the road. 8)

You dont really need it tbh because their stollen with the keys, that aside, I have the standard CAT 1 alarm and Clifford BlackJax 4.

- Kevin.

vin Petrol said:
...has anyone been out and got extra security on their CTR?

Its a worrying time...early hours of friday morning after dropping my girlfriend off, i had 5 police cars pounce on me :shock: checking the details of the car over.... now this is nice to know that they are after CTR's...but then it does feel like im being watched all the time!! :( :-( :sad:

Reassuring to know they are being proactive in Merseyside 8)

Got stopped in Ormskirk

A friend of a friend ahd his CTR stolen from behind his work, thats why i ask about added security.

I always lock my doors when driving.

To be honest what ever is o your car, if they want it they will get it :(

If I am not using mine again that night then I put the car straight away first then another car is put away behind it, so as well as having to break in they would have to move the other car first before even thinking about getting at mine :D

Carl

Mine is the Same Carl, it gets put behind a fook off big pair of gates,over to one side so my mum blocks it in,i have 3 rottweilers and one hell of a left hook :wink: :twisted:

Although as someone mentioned about hiding the keys.....thats a good idea but then if someone broke in whilst my mum was there and beat the shit out of her cos they couldnt find the keys or she didnt know where they are then i would feel a total tosser.

I know that if peeps want something,they will take it but fook me, there comes a point where we have to stand up for ourselves......anyone know where i can get a gun!! :twisted:

yeah carl is right, if they want it they will have it.

Chelsea is a perfect example, I've heard stories of pokers and beemers being jacked within minutes like gone in 60 seconds.

Also this is no direspect to CTR drivers but I think the feds are catching on to what are the hot cars.

I would consider the Clifford BlackJax which can be installed with an improved alarm or as a standalone system. Blackjax was the first thing i installed on my vehicle the day i purchased the vehicle and then changed alarm at a later date.

We have the blackjax on special offer for £150 we recently also had a group buy on www.civictype-r.co.uk when we did the system for £125.

MotorGuard

www.motorguarduk.co.uk

Back